
I was visiting Sara yesterday and she not only makes beautiful graphics for website and ebay designs, but she featured an artist that made some lovely mosaic pieces as well. I tried mosaics for a short time. I really enjoyed it. I had fun searching for old broken china plates too. I still have a basket full of them, so I need to make more, but will save that for a spring project. Here's a teapot I made...fun to do and not very hard. The only thing is you have to sand them down or the edges can be sharp and cut you. Really another form of collage...and I love old plates. You can find the chipped ones a lot less in price, although there were a few I still displayed "as is" because they were too gorgeous to chop up! I think it's neat though to take broken fragments and make them into something new and beautiful.
Sara also made the pretty "welcome" graphic I added today. You can download it on her blog for free. Thanks Sara!
5 comments:
I've noticed that mosaics are making a huge "comeback" in the art world. This was something very popular back in the 60s/70s and I'm glad to see a resurgence.
I love mosaics and have always wanted to explore making artwork like this. Someday...
As for the dusty house. Trust me I don't think your house is dustier than mine! Our home seems to be a dust magnet. We don't call them dust bunnies. We call them Dust Humans! I've given up sweeping and they make great company for tea...
Hugs! Nancy
I've always liked mosaics but then I like anything where you can use something considered trash and turn it into something beautiful! I love your tea pot.
You are SO sweet!
I WISH I could take credit for those mosaics :) Those are created by the winner of my free template contest :)
here is a link to her store
http://stores.ebay.com/Broken-Memories-Gallery
Thanks again!!
The teapot is charming! I've worked in a lot of mediums, but never mosaic. Not yet, anyway!
::Jill
Post a Comment