Anyhow, I bought myself a present this year that I loved...do you ever do that?
I discovered "Boudoir Dolls". I probably had heard of them before, but I didn't really know a lot about them, and up until now, I guess they didn't appeal to me. Here she is....

I think she is less formal than most I see such as this guy.
I loved her folksy quality. The lady I purchased her from, told me she was handmade in the 1920's. I just love looking at her garmets...she has antique trims and silks...a rose patterned silk...plus that BLUE hair!!! She just had to come live here. I'd had her on my wish list at Ruby Lane for quite some time. She was so expensive, that there was no way I could pay that...but right before Christmas, the shop owner came WAY WAY DOWN!!! I made an offer, and I got her for what I think was a very reasonable price. Anyhow, what should I name her?

Her hat has silk rosettes...I think she may inspire my art this year! Don't you just love old things that someone else made years ago?
6 comments:
I've never heard of boudoir dolls! She is gorgeous. I love her hair and those eyes! I'm just awful at thinking up names so I won't even try but whatever you decide I know she'll like it.
She is lovely, and she will make a marvelous muse!! I am looking forward to seeing what you do under her influence.
never heard of a boudoir doll!! shes exquisite!! thanks for coming overto my blog and gifting me with yuor kind comments
rgards
P.
Loving your gift to yourself...I've never heard of these dolls but I can see why you "loved" one for yourself. I think you are a delight to find all these goodies for your mother for Christmas...returning the favour of all that she did for you when you were young.
I often treat myself to something that just calls my name...sometimes the connection we make with something that has been handcrafted is almost tangible!
Betzie! She is wonderful!! I think her name should be something French. Like... Belle, Amélie, Antoinette, Camille, Charlotte, Colette, Geneviève. I'm sure what ever you pick will be great!!
Hugs! Nancy
Sorry I am just getting around to catching up, as soon as I saw her I thought of Lulu ??? She is fine.
Post a Comment