Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Toy Theatres



The other night I happened upon a wonderful blog by artist, Catherine Moore. She immediately captured my attention and imagination in her post about old "toy theatres". I have always been a lover of old toys,but I'd never really heard of these or maybe I just didn't take notice before. Anyway, if you are at all interested, please visit her! I have her listed under my links, and also you can find her invitation to design your OWN fashion theatre here:

Toy Theatre Invitation

I am taking the plunge, even though I have no idea what I'm doing! It just sounds like fun and I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing everyone else's finished theatres

5 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

Hi Betzie! You are an artist after my own heart!! Thank you for sharing the link to Catherine. Her blog and the Theater project were wonderful reading. I emailed her the link to my shoes. I thought she might be interested because they are inspired by Marie Antoinette. I read her post where she said the people burned her clothing. So SAD!! Anyway, thanks again for sharing this.

Hugs! Nancy

Sherry said...

Glad you are doing the toy theatre as well -- I'm so looking forward to this. I discovered Catherine ages ago and just love her work.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Betzie, love love LOVE toy Theaters!! I can't wait to visit Catherine's blog and the theater project.

Thank you for entering my blog GIVE AWAY!

xo Lidy

corina said...

Hallo Betzie! I am happy you love my box, and now I am even considering of making a theatre in a box:)Corina

Rosa said...

Oh I love toy theatres. I found some in London (http://www.pollocks-coventgarden.co.uk/) I don't think I have enough energy to make one but I do look forward to seeing yours!!!

Followers