
ca.1909
I have a nice collection of old Valentines, both postcards and the older type before postcards came along. So excited because this weekend we have our annual Postcard Show at our Civic Center in town. I always bring home some new ones, although I will say, I find less expensive ones by chance in my treasure hunting in flea markets and antique shops.Sometimes I can get a good one on ebay, but too much competition on there nowadays.

Pulls out and stands on it's own...one of my favorites...very old.
I love making my own too. Here are a few I made this week.



And here are two new Valentine ornaments I made:


This is the front.

This is the back.
If only I had more time...I love making Valentine's.
"Once in awhile,
Right in the middle of an ordinary life,
Love gives us a fairy tale."
~ by Anonymous ~
10 comments:
I love your old card, but the ones you have made are really special.
I think Valentines so much fun...old new...Love is always in!
Have a great weekend,
Mary
The old ones are lovely but yours are gorgeous. I especially love the little birds. The recipient will be a lucky one.
PS thank you for visiting me. i think my humidifier is a cool mist made by Holmes, one you can get at any Target. they have just come out with a liquid that you can add to the water to keep the bacteria from forming, which sounds like a good idea to me! plus filters are easy to change and easy to find. cheers!
Love those vintage Valentines but I agree with the others....yours are just as gorgeous! I especially like the "Forget Me Not" and the last ornament with the bird. You're just so creative!! I know I keep saying that but it's true!
I love your cards..and the lil girl
is gorgeous
deena
Old post cards are so neat especially valentines and it is a lot of fun creating with the "love theme" I got started on ATCs last year and couldn't stop. You seem to have a flair for making pretty
valentines.
Wow, your Valentine cards are beautiful.
Hi betzie-betz...
Thanks for the comment and nice to "meet" you!
Betz
I remember my dad giving my mother lovely fold down valentines every year. I thought she was so lucky.
I simply love the red toile bird ornament! Beautiful work!
Post a Comment