Monday, January 22, 2007

What is essential...


One of my favorite quotes is from The Little Prince..."It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;what is essential is invisible to the eye."This said by the Fox to the Little Prince with regards to his rose...I so love that story.
Tomorrow I will turn another year older, and even though I'm not old yet, I like to remember this quote when I see a new wrinkle suddenly appear or find I can't run up the steps as fast as I used to.
One reason I do like blogging is I think you can be who you are and let others see the real you. I tend to be shy when I meet new people, but I don't feel that way when I write. I feel less self conscious and more open. I guess also I don't have many people reading my blog, so that's a big help too. LOL
Anyway...here I am at around four years old I think...I loved my childhood. I played with bugs, took worms for rides in my red wagon, observed birds and kept a notebook on them, and my bestest friend was our next door neighbor, Miss. Boss(pronounced with a short O sound). She was a widow, and she loved me to visit. We had such fun times...I'd sing and dance for her and she'd clap as though she'd never seen such talent. ha ha
Anyhow, I need to let the doggies out...time to go...but tomorrow I will sing and dance and think young! :-)
Betzie

7 comments:

Werna Gail said...

Betzie, so glad I listened to that small voice that said to drop by here...What a cute little girl you were. And your birthday is one day after my youngest daughter.She was 38 today, I have her on my blog. I lived in a small town when I was real young and we had an old lady, Mrs. Moomey,she was a widow and lived next door. She would bake me cookies and we listened to the radio together. aaahhh childhood.

Werna Gail said...

Duh! I forgot to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Anonymous said...

A birthday! How wonderful!
Happy Birthday!

I think I need to sing to you:

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dear Betzie!
Happy Birthday to you!

Have a perfect day eating birthday cake, singing, dancing and thinking young!
:-D

Betzie said...

Awww...thanks Gail and Sombra!! So sweet of both of you. Happy Birthday to your daughter Gail, and Sombra, I so enjoyed your singing! :))
Going out to dinner to have crab cakes...my favorite and birthday cake for sure!
thanks again!

Janet said...

Oh, Betzie, I'm late!! But never the less, I'm sending you heartfelt wishes for a Happy Birthday. Your picture is just adorable. I remember an old lady who lived next door to my grade school. We used to visit her at recess.

Betzie said...

Thanks Jan! It was a typical day of laundry, grocery shopping, and the normal routine, but I had a super dinner, and lovely cards and calls from friends and family. I like "normal" days though...I so love my life at the moment, and normal days are like gold to me. Soooo everyday is like a birthday really!
Thanks for writing!

Anonymous said...

find our video site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/vicodin1] online vicodin [/url]

http://trailfire.com/vicodin1
[url=http://trailfire.com/vicodin1] generic vicodin [/url]

Followers