

I made this simple little pendant or whatever the other day using two of my favorite quotes. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. I used an old scrap of a little church from a very old scrapbook. I love old scraps and have collected them for a long time. I love using them in my artwork. I don't always copy them because I like using the real thing. Otherwise they are still a scrap, but when I rescue and reuse them, they become ART...or at least "art" to me.
4 comments:
What is the size of this beautiful victorian pendant...if it is small enough could it hang from a bow pin? I really like the subjects and the way you put them together.
Thanks Gail...it's a 2"x2" square. I added a ribbon to it today. I made one for my mom as well, but I used my photo as a little girl and added "daughter dear" to it as she has always called me that a lot, plus a line from that old poem "Monday's Child"...I was a Friday child so I put that one on, I think I'll give it to her on Valentine's. :-)
So very pretty!
I, too, collect old bits and pieces....hate to throw anything away because it might come in handy someday for a collage!
Hi Betzie! Welcome to the world of blogging and thanks a lot for passing by my blog and leaving a comment!
I admire the bracelet you made of those old typewrither key! That's very pretty. It reminds me of a book I ordered a couple of weeks ago - but to be honest, I did not yet read it. It's called: "Pretty little things" and was written by Sally Jean. She uses your technique, too! - Or you use her... ;-))
What about your embroidery and needlework skills? You do not practise them now any more? Will you show us some of your work - even if it's a little bit older?
Post a Comment