Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sons


I have two teenage sons, both of whom I'm so proud of...one is 17 and the other is 15. They are great students and really fun to have around, other than when they argue with each other....which is more often than not! This morning I got up and found myself watching my oldest pull out of our driveway. I don't usually do that, but there I was at the window. Next thing I know Kyle is driving into a bush, pulls up, tries again, and then continues to drive backwards right into a tree!!! Here I am in my lime green flannel nightshirt with pink flowers running outside because he just continues to keep going as his rear bumper and light hang out of their socket! Luckily I stopped him in time...and he and his brother rode to school with mom like the old days. LOL Kyle forgot that one needs to scrape off the windshield of frost before driving, so one can see out of the car. Oh well...I have had my turn too, just so he learned a lesson. He will be paying for the damage with his money and he will also need to find a ride to school or else take the humiliating bus(Seniors just can't be seen on those big yellow vehicles...it's far too embarrasssing)...at least until his car is fixed.
Meanwhile on the way to school, Kyle says, "Mom, I didn't even realize I hit the tree." Kevin replies, "So Kyle, what did you think caused that BIG BUMP when we hit the tree?" I had to laugh out loud. They are so different...but Kyle does remind me of myself at times...in his own world and a tiny bit scatterbrained! Kevin is more like his dad, but he did inherit a tiny bit of my creativity I think. I was cleaning my desk today and found this old watercolor of his I'd saved from Fourth grade. I kept it because I really liked the colors...a keeper for sure.

1 comment:

Werna Gail said...

Does Kevin still like doing art work? What a treasure to have, I also have some of my childrens art work from school days. I'm sure Kyles driving will improve.

Followers