I found an old dirty plastic PINK bangle bracelet at a junk shop a few years ago, several of them actually in lots of different colors...pretty cheap...I think maybe 50 cents each. I decided to alter it with some neat fabric I had collecting dust...it's by Laurel Burch. Have you heard of her? I just love her work. Sadly she passed away in 2007. Here's a wonderful segment on Sixty Minutes about her shown on You Tube. I think she just was so wonderful and had such a strong, sweet spirit about her. Her art truly expressed her colorful personality.
Anyway, I had some of her cute feline fabric and decoupaged it to the old plastic bracelet.
I added some shimmer to the decoupage and the tiniest of Swarovski crystals to the cat's eyes.
Then I wrapped and tacked some pretty glittery fiber around it.
Found a sparkly sequin that just picked up the pinks in the fabric and it was done.
I really love how it turned out and I hope Laurel would like it too. Her fabric is truly the masterpiece here.
I'm making more of these and will post a few in my etsy shop some time soon.
Happy Pink Saturday and visit Beverly at How Sweet The Sound to see her blog and more participants today.
18 comments:
Betzie, you one creative lady!!
I meant to say that you are one creative lady!
Absolutely gorgeous. I'll be sure and check out your shop.
Sissie
what an amazing transformation!
Oh Betzie, you did a perfect job on your bracelet. I bet if you wear it out, you will receive so many compliments and find that others would be interested too. It's a great way to market your etsy shop as well. I love that, Happy Pink Saturday, Char
Lovely!
Happy Pink Saturday!
That bracelet is sooo cute! Happy pink Saturday!
Oh Betzie, what a sweet, wonderful and beautifully designed tribute to a dear fellow artist! She would be so blessed to see how she inspired you to make this beautiful piece! Thank you for coming for a slice of French bread! Enjoy and please come back again! Anita
My goodness, what an amazing transformation! It is such a whimsical change, lobe the cat!Happy Pink and have a great weekend!
Pink Saturday is such a fun time of the week for me in the wintertime. Michigan winters are not only cold, they are very gray and today is no exception to the rule.
Thank you so much for sharing your blog this Pink Saturday and for making my day brighter and pinker and more fun!☺
My gosh, those are SO FUN! You have quite a flair!
♥Wishing you sunshine surrounded by those you love today, tomorrow and always♥
Love the bracelet and thank you for sharing the video. I enjoyed learning about this artist. I recognized her art but didn't know anything about her.
I love her artwork! And you did a fantastic job on that bracelet.
Happy Pink Saturday!
This is such a great project!
Did you do it with fabric and paper?
~ Gabriela ~
What a fun way to take something ordianary and make it extraordinary! What a great way to dress up a bangle! Thank You for sharing your Pinks!
Have A Great Day!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Jennifer
Livin' With Hoosiers
Hello Betzie!
You sure have the eye of possibilities! Just look how you transformed a simple bracelet into something! It's unique, quirky and love every bits and pieces you put into it :-)
Mizpah,
Li
(I'm participating this year in OWOH for the first time. Here's my post: OWOH 2010: A Little Friend For You Too . Hope to see you. I'm a wee late so I'll have to catch up on yours too :-)
OH what a beautiful bangle.. love it... I agree you are one talented lady....
happy late Pink Saturday..
Hugs;
Alaura
Betzie~ your bracelet would have surely brought a smile to Laurel Burch. She was a great talent and a very courageous woman. My favorite line on the video was when she said that she didn't want to paint her pain. I feel the same way. I'd rather create the joy.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Back again, I wanted to tell you that this bracelt is so cool...I hope you put some in your shop. If I wore one to lunch they would all be crazy for it.
Hugs, Mary
Post a Comment