
I love my African violets. It's a frigid day outside, and still they bloom away inside my kitchen window. I picked three flowers off today and scanned them, first together as a group and then separately. Look at this color...isn't it gorgeous?
I made a little paper doll this week, and I've been going crazy trying to figure out a hat for her!
I just don't seem to be satisfied with the typcial "party hat" style you see everywhere. I've tried all kinds of things for her hat, but I saw these flowers and thought I'd scan them and see how they'd look on her head! The only problem is the coloring will clash, so I have to figure out how to change that. I guess I will try painting them with real paint, and see what happens, or I'll have to make another paper doll to match their color!
“We may pass violets looking for roses. We may pass contentment looking for victory.”
5 comments:
Good morning Betzie!
I must agree, that is a very lovely color :-)
Will you be showing us a photo of your paper doll?
Have a Glorious Day!
:-D
I tried for years to grow violets, they always died. My neighbor,she is 74 gave me three different starts off hers, they are all doing well and two are blooming.
They are pink, but not near as pretty as yours. I to want to know if we will see the paper doll. Is the flower hat going to work?
I will be happy to share a photo of this little folly...just have started on another one and have to clean house all weekend! Messes everywhere...between the dogs, my art stuff, and my teenage sons..HELP!
The flower hat didn't work, so now I have to make another one that will!
They are so much fun though, I think I'll be addicted to them for a bit.
Beautiful petals. I love African violets but never have any luck with them. I'll be looking forward to seeing your paper doll. When I was a kid paper dolls were my favorite thing.
Your violets are pretty in pink. I'll try scanning flowers this summer, I've seen it done and then printed out on fabric - very neat.
Have a great day.
Post a Comment