
Sometimes when I find time to visit other blogs I am just so amazed and in awe of the talent, wisdom, and kindness I see out there. I feel connections and even feel like I know some people already when I see their art and read their words. It's like an extension of myself almost, and I think, they are on the same page of life that I am.
I know there are times I also feel guilty blogging because I think of all the other things I "should" be doing, but then I realize that it is very comforting to my soul and my being to know that I am not alone. I'm not a very social person...yet if you met me, you might not even be aware of that...I'm friendly and I try to be warm and caring, but I'm really an introvert at heart. I am happy to just entertain myself. My husband is the complete opposite, he needs people to energize him. Sometimes that can create conflicts, because I rarely want to entertain...I'm happy just being with close family or by myself.
I was at Barnes & Nobles today...just me, myself, and I looking at all the craft/art magazines, drinking my Light Caramel Frappucino, and I had such a wonderful time. He's downstairs watching the Super Bowl with a friend...and he's having a great time. Football just isn't my game.
I love whimzy...do you? I love butterfly wings on little girls, party hats, crowns, and polka dots. I never grow tired of them...maybe it's a fad, but I'm in love with it. I know some have written into Somerset Magazine complaining of seeing too many, but I could never see too many. I think they are an expression of our time.
So here's to wise blogs, whimzies, and wings to carry us away on our journeys to play and express who we are...
14 comments:
I am amazed by the amount of talent there is in Blogland. Your Ole post cards are so pretty. I like the old ones too.
It is dark now and the cars are moving faster on the road...I really think we have had enough snow. I want to look at seed books and start thinking about our garden. But I think this will be a long winter.
I love whimzy....I think it is wonderful to find the fun in the most ordenary things.
I am putting you on my blog....friends. Big Hugs from the frozen one! Mary
This post describes me! I love to visit with people... for a moment over the veggie counter in the store, or browsing the same book aisle but I mostly prefer alone time or sometimes, close family time (till the close closes in).
Whimsy is great and comes in many styles. I tend to like very bright colors and the magazines don't seem to like that much but I take away a lot of techniques from them and use the whimsy of my own choosing. I don't think the magazines expect everyone to like the same thing and they simply can't please everyone.
I'll have to agree with you. I feel my blogging friends are very real indeed. I know I could count on them if needed for whatever. OH! I love your little box. That is just too sweet. Lovely job. What talent you have yourself! Now, you have motivated me! Thank you.
Thanks Rosa...sweet of you to say. I adore making this kind of thing. I used to teach Kindergarten and I've never outgrown cutting and pasting!!!
You sound a lot like me! I can spend hours alone at B&N with a coffee in hand, just browsing and reading snippets here and there. I'm alone a lot these days, with my kids grown and my husband away at work so much, but I sort of like the freedom to work in my studio whenever I want, creating my own whimsy. And yes, it's wonderful having the blogging community at hand too!
::Jill
I, too, entertain myself most of the time. Many of my friends live in other states and I seldom get to see them in person yet we stay connected via the internet. And the blogging community is the most wonderful thing that could happen to me! I've met so many creative people and they never fail to leave me in awe of their talents. I love your whimsies and all the beautiful things you create. Be who you are and just keep making what makes you happy. That's what's important.
Dearest Betzie! I feel like I just read my own story. On the outside you would never know I'm an introvert at heart. Your box is absolutely lovely!!
Hugs! Nancy
Youa re so right!! Blodland is like a candy store of wonderment!!!! It is magic! looove your creation!! cheers!!
I can totally relate to the part in your post about being the introvert...and the Barnes and Noble/Caramel Macchiato too! lol
It is amazing to find all of the talent around blogland...thanks for stopping by my lil spot :)
Holy Moly..Your Blog and all your items are so Beautiful. I wish my brain would work like that and know what pieces to put together to make them stand out like that...even in my home.
Be sure and visit my blog and enter to win a cute little bunny I made to give away. While you are there check out the post about the cook book I am publishing. I would love to have you submit some of your recipes...I bet they would be just as good as all your Beautiful items. You can also put a link in to one of your selling sites or any link of your choice. If you submit 3 recipes your name will go in another drawing for a copy (free) of the cook book when it is off the press.
I am so happy to have found your blog..I will be back again..and again..and again :)
Nancy
Do you have a website that you sell any of your items from? I couldn't find one.
Nancy
This is but Wonderful!
Love, love, love the pup!
Sandra Evertson
Hi Betzi Thanks for visiting my blog. I feel the same as you, so many kindred spirits in blogland. I feel closer to some of my blogging friends than I do to some friends I've had a long time Hope you'll visit me again. Rhondi
I just adore this piece!! Speaks to my heart.
Thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely note. This amazing blog life brings so many precious people into our lives and the connection we feel in our sharing is just beautiful. I will be a frequent visitor.
xo Rella
Post a Comment