
I love hearts, always have...such a simple symbol that means so much... A pretty dishtowel I picked up at an antique shop. Hangs over my pie safe.

My one and only quilt that I've ever attempted...a mini one. I have so much respect for quilters. I adore them, but I hate to measure and be precise about things, let alone do all that handstitching.

I love silhouettes. This was hand done...bought it years ago at a craft show.

Don't you love old china? This is a Limoges...love the cupids.

Old plates, another love of mine...

This is a charm bracelet I made for my Cavalier Boutique.

This antique music cabinet was my grandparents, I just treasure it.

This is the top of the cabinet. The old rose is cracking, but it adds to the charm.

The invitation to my parent's 50th wedding anniversary...almost 15 years ago now! How they have changed. My mom has lost so much weight, my dad has slowed way down...still hanging in there though, but I find my role changing from child to caretaker more and more.

My dad as a baby with his parents....the heart of a family...my grandparents meant the world to me. Their love lives on forever and ever.
“The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart.”
10 comments:
Betzie, love the quote, the photographs and all your heart pieces -- so beautiful (especially the music cabinet!).
Just what I needed to read today -- very uplifting!!!
And your mini quilt is lovely -- cherish it!
Betzie, I heart this post! I heart your vision! I heart you're participation in the pink artist proj! and I heart that you spread love continually from your blog. xo, Monica
p.s. Would you believe it took me FIVE times to get that word verification right! lol
Betzie, this post is so beautiful both in words and photos. The china is gorgeous but that music cabinet is spectacular....truly a treasure.
Wow....that means your parents have been married 65 years! That's impressive!
I have found your blog through My One World - One Heart Giveaway and wanted to invite you to visit my blog.
I am having a give away of an original pen and ink drawing for my One World-One Heart Give Away
Just dropping by today to send along my heartfelt thanks for such a lovely happy birthday wish! Y'all made my day so special, and I cherished every single wish left in my comments. You're a treasure!!! Thank you kindly!!!
Thank you for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway! Good luck to you! Your post on hearts is so sweet. The towel and the china plate (I love plates too) are wonderful. Actually, everything is wonderful! Great post for Valentines week!
I love hearts to...my Granddaughter's first drawing was of a heart because I drew them so often.
I enjoyed everything you wrote and the pictures are so pretty.
Thank you for the gift of sharing, I do love being in Blogland.
Mary
Hi Betzie, I took a snow photo I had taken and then with the computer brought in the castle, and the couple. It sound easy, but it wasn't, alot of time went into it. Thank you for coming by!
Love, Mary
Your things are so lovely! I just adore the music cabinet. It is something very special.
What a wonderful thing to have your parents married for so long. I too am in a situtation where my husband and I are becoming caretakers. So I understand what you are going through.
Thank you for all the encouragement on the shoes. I need it!!
Blessings! Nancy
Post a Comment