Monday, June 25, 2007

Easy, Fun Bookmark



Take a vintage shape of some sort...I used an old Valentine.

Paint with your choice of paints. I used Adirondak Alcohol Inks to blend the fuchsia and purple. Then took some off with the blending solution.

Added some embellishments. I used gel pens, glitter glue, flat back rhinestones,clock pic, scrap word "forever".

Add a backing. I used a predesigned cardstock paper from Michael's.



Add a polymer clay face. This one was made with turquoise, fuchia and copper metallic powders.

Seal with Diamond Glaze or Mod Podge. Ooopppss...after I did that then I added the rhinestones and clay face. Sealed edges with a gold leaf pen, but didn't like that, so I put pink glitter glue over top of it.

Face says "FLY" in the middle of forehead.


I liked this particular shaped card because it reminded me of a butterfly's body.

Read a book and use your funky new bookmark! Just finished The Kite Runner...very sad but a beautiful read! You might like it!!

4 comments:

Naturegirl said...

mOST CREATIVE! I love the images of the puppies and that cat necklace in previous posts.. too precious! Thank you for introducing yourself to me!Your comments very generous. I love meeting new folks within our blogging community!Nice to see that you are also fond of animals.:)NG

Carole Burant said...

I'm so impressed with your bookmark...what a creative way to make one!! The puppy pictures are just so adorable...wish I could bring one home!!! xox

Janet said...

Love your bookmark! And the puppies are just too cute.

PS - glad you liked Miss Potter, too.

Kahshe Cottager said...

I love how this turned out - thank you for posting the steps. I like bookmarks too!

Followers