Saturday, June 09, 2007

Friends

A friend of mine came over on the spur of the moment today. We hadn't seen each other for a long time...well, since before Christmas. It's so easy to get caught up in our own little world's and lose touch. She called and asked if she could come by and give me my Christmas gift.LOL I was slightly frantic as I thought of how messy things looked in my kitchen, but I said , "SURE, I'D LOVE TO SEE YOU," as I dropped the phone and ran downstairs to get my dh's wet, dirty socks off the kitchen counter!!! He had been working on our boat, and somehow they ended up there...nothing that unusual around here though. Then, I ran and got the De-Odorizer to spray all over...I have puppies in our sunroom and if you've ever had five puppies at once you'll understand.

Anyhow, she arrived soon after, and we chatted and chatted.... as always it was like we'd just seen each other the day before.

I found this little photo strip of my grandmother(the skinnier one) with her best girlfriend, Stella...she was more flamboyant than my grandmother, as you can tell, but isn't it sweet??? A moment in time that captures their friendship and their happiness. I liked it so much, I used it as my banner in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Followers