
This is my nephew's new little baby girl, Alyssa. Isn't she the perfect picture of pink and cuddly?
I am so happy for him. I also really like his wife, Jen. I often wonder who my sons will marry. Will I like her? Will she like me?
I've always wished I'd had a daughter. I guess it's a selfish wish. I picture her as my little clone who likes all the same things I do and of course wants to go antique shopping with me and garden with me..we'd laugh at the same jokes and have that closeness that only mother and daughters have..at least I've been lucky to have had with my mom. Who knows? Maybe she'd be into mud wrestling and riding motorcycles...and not like any of the same things I do. I'm thankful for my two sons...they are great boys...but still now and then I do wonder what my daughter might have been like.
At least I have sweet little Alyssa here...hope to be a good Great Aunt to her.
3 comments:
You already are!
Thanks for your comments...very nice to meet you.
She is Cute!
My congratulations to your nephew and his wife. That baby is just adorable! I have no doubt that you will be a super Great Aunt to Alyssa.
Hi Betzie:-) She is certainly an adorable little bundle!! Like you, I had two boys and always wished I had a girl. I've had my mom to do girl things with but it's just not the same...I was raised being the only girl with 4 boys so I was really out of luck! lol My oldest son just got married and I love his wife...but they live far away enough that I don't see them very often:-( Enjoy little Alyssa:-) xox
Post a Comment