Sunday, June 10, 2007

Floral Eye Candy

Nothing like the colors of spring....click the pics to see them enlarged.




I love putting blue and pink/rose/or coral together!





For my window boxes this year, I used Angel Wing Begonias, blue lobelia, and coleus...I find that the Angel Wings do wonderfully in the heat of the summer. They are so easy to care for in hanging baskets. I have them all over.





My bee monarda has just started to bloom...one of my favorites.




Another shade lover, and darn if I can remember it's name, but I love the yellow flower and green/white foliage.






Oakleaf Hydrangeas...the biggest they've been yet. I found this plant dying at a nursery several years ago...it looked like a dead stick, no lie. Look what it produces now!







I can't remember the name of this shade lover, but they are one of my favorite. They bloom all summer like this. I put them with my coral/pink New Guinea Impatiens and they really go well together.





Only a rose could smell as sweet...





Pink Lacecap Hydrangea



My vincas pick up the colors so well in this more unusual coleus...sorry it didn't show up as well in the pic as it does in person.


I found this at a local garden/antique store. I couldn't resist the birds. It says, "All roads lead to home." :)

3 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Love this view of your garden flowers and colors! I too love the blues and pinks together..later on in the season I will post and show you!
I Love your hydrangeas..so different! I have Annabelles big green fluffs that turn white and i have a white climber!Every day someting new is poking it's head out and it makes each day in the garden a wonderful surprise! As you saw from my recent post I am experiencing much JoY picking and sharing my peonies!!hugs NG

Cat said...

Wonderful colors and blooms! They just yell SUMMER!

Kahshe Cottager said...

Hi Betzie!

Thanks for dropping in and saying hello! While I really, really like your flower pictures I must say I adore the puppies! If you glanced back through my blog you will see I have two Cairns and a Lab/Golden X. Cavaliers are definitely in my top 5 favourites though. Hope to see more of them when I come back!

Followers