Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!!!


Can you believe it's 2009??? Almost a decade into 2000!

My new motto for this year is USE WHAT I HAVE!!!! I have decided I have to stop buying and start making and using more of what I already have. I think I get too overwhelmed by new designs, new papers, new beads, new molds, new this and new that!!!! I get addicted to wanting it all and not using what I have. I want to try to control that impulse and make myself focus more.

I also need to DE-CLUTTER around here. Just have too much STUFF! Of course, I say this every year, but I am truly going to try once again to start LETTING GO....and SIMPLIFYING!

I want to meditate more this year too. I think it's something that would help me accomplish both of the above.

And of course I'd love to lose 20-30 pounds!!!! So what else is new?!!

Happy New Year and may all your dreams and goals come true!
Betzie
xo

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!!!

CathWren said...

Whatever you do this year, I hope you do it in good health!

Wishing you a happy, healthy and artful new year!

LiLi M. said...

I totally agree on the 'using what I have' resolution and my husband does even more :-). And of course on the loosing weight too, but you read that already!

I'm looking forward to see what you have in store for us this coming year! Hope all your dreams and beyond come true!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

What a great journey to go on this year using what you have. I too shall try that.....and shedding some of myself too.

Julie H said...

And a Happy 2009 to you too. I love how you have made your darling fur babies the jewels in your crown.

Werna Gail said...

What cute pictures and what a great way to display them.
I'm right there with you on the declutter and use what I have and the "few pounds" wellllll that's a given. BE BLESSED and Happy New Year.

Shopgirl said...

When anything good or bad happens, I find myself reaching to call my mother. It is lonely sometimes, but then I count my blessings, all my children live near.
sheding pounds would be wonderful...but I haven't promissed myself that this will happen, but it sure is on my mind every day.
I am cleaning out my collection of stuff I haven't used in forever. I will pass it on to my girls...craft stuff.
Thank you for making me think! Have a delightful Winter.

Shopgirl said...

When anything good or bad happens, I find myself reaching to call my mother. It is lonely sometimes, but then I count my blessings, all my children live near.
sheding pounds would be wonderful...but I haven't promissed myself that this will happen, but it sure is on my mind every day.
I am cleaning out my collection of stuff I haven't used in forever. I will pass it on to my girls...craft stuff.
Thank you for making me think! Have a delightful Winter.

Laume said...

My goals this year are very similar - deal with what I've got before I add anything new to my life. Declutter. Lose a few pounds. Simplify. How convenient that the economy is helping us along with the spend less bit, eh - LOL

Followers