Thursday, January 15, 2009

Saltwater Fish


Does anyone have a saltwater aquarium?

I am so mesmerized by these tanks. I would love to make one, but in researching them, they are so so complex!!! Another hobby brewing?

I don't think so...just too much information to absorb in my little brain right now!!!

I love the clown fish...little Nemos!

And all the gorgeous living corals...


I just wish it was easy to do...but I guess like anything you love, it takes time, patience, work, and determination...

Did I forget to mention MONEY??? LOL

It is such an expensive hobby!!!

Should I just stick with goldfish or one little betta??





Remember the hermit crabs you got as a kid? Mine always seemed to escape!

No more hermit crabs....

I think I will visit my Petsmart today...maybe staring at their fish tanks will quench my desire for my own!!!

Let me know if anyone out there has a simple, easy, noncomplicated reef tank...NO SUCH THING!!! Darn, wish my husband would get into it....no way...I'm the animal lover I'm afraid.

8 comments:

Sara~Graphic Pretties said...

I am not disciplined enough to own one..they would all be dead in a week LOL
They are beautiful though!

Unknown said...

Oh, they are expensive aren't they? I have an acquaintance who has one and the fish are fascinating to watch. I guess his being a single guy with no dependents and a good job allows him to afford one, LOL! :)

Judypatooote said...

Boy your blog has changed, I love your banner....I guess it's been to long.....and you happened to post on my favorite subject...salt water fish.....I would give my eye tooth to be able to own one....I tried regular ones, and my family room has 13 windows, and it was always cloudy, because I guess they don't like all that light... I go to a restaurant that has two large salt water tanks, and oh I love watching those fish, and the live coral, and the color is spectacular (sp?) I have always loved fish, for when growing up, my mom had two large tanks. The top one had angel fish, and the bottom one was filled with mixed ones....and you know I never appreciated them at the time....
I go to petsmart and always check out the tanks and fish too....and on Sat. they have doggie adoption day.....I went out a couple of weeks ago with tears running down my eyes, for I saw one that gave me a kiss, and I wanted so bad to bring him home.....but Maxie is old, and I know he would be really upset if I brought another dog in. Because when Buddy (sons dog) visits Maxie won't leave my side.... well take care, judy

LiLi M. said...

My husband would love to have such a tank too. But the efforts he made to maintain a regular fishtank weren't succesful and this is much harder to do. Now we have a pond and this is our first full calender year with fish, gold fish. Everything went very well, we even had small ones but in the autumn a heron visited our pond. And all fish were gone or they seems to be gone. The pond has been frozen but now and then I see an orange carrot like shape on the bottom. We cannot wait to see them again. Let's hope the heron doesn't remember them! Fish are fun!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Betzie,
They are beautiful though expensive. My BIL had saltwater fish and it was incredible to see.

Love your header and background.
I have missed blogging the last few weeks being busy redoing a couple rooms and a bath. I am getting back to normal now.

Have a great rest of the week and see you again soon.

hugs, Celestina Marie

Latharia said...

We had one when I was a teenager. Yup ... lots of work!!!!! And you can't even snuggle with the dang fish.

Megan Chamberlain said...

The OWOH blog giveaway has been fantastic for me as I get to visit some amazing blogs. I will be back often. I found your previous post so true, I am another daughter 'fused' to their Mom and we are on opposite sides of the world at the moment so am having a lot of dark days myself.
I still love making my miniature bears but also do a lot of other stuff, not enough time in the day.

Unknown said...

I just popped back over to say thank you for entering my tatting giveaway for OWOH! I already commented on your giveaway post so I'm commenting (again) here. You are SOOOOO funny, Betzie!!! You crack me up! If the random generator picked winners for original comments and most creative comments then you would most definately win! Good luck to you! :)

Followers