Friday, April 04, 2008

Old toys



Do you like old toys? I'm a sucker for them. I don't really collect them, but they find me anyway.

Here is one of my favorite dolls from my childhood. Ugh, I'm dating myself, but that's okay. I'm trying to be more accepting of my age, but isn't it hard? I see people saying how they love their age, but I still find myself wishing I was in my late twenties again. I suppose toys remind me that we are all children at heart, especially in God's eyes.

This is HEDDA GET BEDDA!!! Oh, how I used to love to play nurse with her!



Turn her head knob and look how sick she is...



But I would cure her of all her woes...



Here is a Raggedy Anne doll I made some years ago...I love the old Johnny Gruelle books about her. Have one or two.


And this is a little old bear I made to sit in this small antique sewing basket that I found one day...that lace was inside of it...



I keep this child's china cabinet in my kitchen filled with little treasures. I have another one up here that is older and used to belong to my great aunt. I think they are so sweet.



Here are two of my favorite things inside. The little old black doll was mine in the fifties...not too many black dolls back then. We had a cleaning lady named MISS ETTA and I named my doll after her. She was the just the sweetest lady and I've never forgotten her. I always think that she taught me to disregard one's color, she was one of my best childhood friends. The sad thing is she was murdered in her home, and it really stuck with me. So sad...



The bear beside her winds up and dances around in it's red celluloid shoes.

Next, a Punch & Judy teapot...these are highly collectible. I got this one off ebay at a steal because it was broken and missing it's lid.



Last but not least, I want to thank my friend Janet for giving me this award yesterday. She was my first blogging friend and the first person to read my posts. I treasure her friendship and really toys don't compare to that, because if we can't share our toys, what fun are they?! :))




Keep playing!!!

7 comments:

Werna Gail said...

Thanks for sharing your toys, I'm not a big toy collector, I do have a doll or two and a Stiff bear but my favorite old things are linens and glasswera. I always enjoy the tours of your "stuff" BE BLESSED:-)

Fete et Fleur said...

Hey You! I hope you know about Lori at http://faeriewindow.blogspot.com doll challenge. She wants bloggers to show their dolls. This post would be perfect. I hope you decide to link to it. I think it's going to be fun!!

xx Nancy

Lori said...

oh, i hope you signed up under my doll challenge post too:) you have some cuties!...thanks for coming over to enter my giveaway!

Luna und Luzie said...

Oh, I love those Raggedy Ann dolls.
All you dolls and bears are cute. I have never seen the Hedda doll,funny.

Unknown said...

Hi! I love your dolls and the stories that go with them! So sweet! Thank you so much for sharing!
Hugs,
Amy

Sherry said...

You have such a wonderful collection of toys...I wish I had kept mine. Sweet memories of childhood!

Janet said...

I'm sooo late getting aroun to visit but I've been under the weather. Your toys are wonderful! I have very few of my toys. One of my earliest dolls but her head is not in good condition.

Followers