
One of my loves is old dolls. I guess those who have visited before already know that. If you scroll down to a few of my recent posts, you'll see some other dolls too. Lori of Fairiewindow has deemed this "Dolly Day", so I would love to share some more of mine.

This was my first antique doll, but a German company called "KESTNER"...my favorite. They have such childlike faces that are filled with expression and their bisque just begs for you to touch it.

This China doll is considered a "low brow China". See how her hair falls forward in the front. She's from around 1880. I love her sweet peachy cheeks. I found the clothes for her here and there.

This is a high brow China. She's all original from the 1860's. I love her old old clothes...her teal silk wasteband, her leather hands, and her all knowing, wise expression. She is in my living room under a picture that I thought went well with her.
This is another China known as a "Highland Mary". She has blonde, curly molded hair, dark brown eyebrows, and blue eyes. One of her arms is a replacement that looks to have been sewn on. She's also from the 1880's.

This chinahead is from the 1890's. Her quality isn't quite as good, but she is still so sweet and she has the most precious little RED boots. She sits next to a little bisque doll that I added wings to...they both are the Queens of the china closet in my sunroom.

I'm not sure who made this girl. She's a mystery doll. I just loved her because she looked like Alice in Wonderland, maybe that's who she is supposed to be. I'm guessing she's from the 50's.
Click on this close-up of her beautiful face!


A French doll that is in her original silk dress and bonnet. I think her wig might be original too, but not sure.

From riches to rags, this dolly had to come home with me. She's named "DOTTIE" and that's my mom's name.
DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL!!!

This is a very old wax over papier mache doll. She reminds all the other dolls that "what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Looking forward to seeing everyone else's dollies!
38 comments:
HaHa! "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful." (I remember that commercial) But can I be jealous?? Your collection is wonderful!!!
Thanks for sharing!
D.
What a beautiful doll collection, love your French doll and her lovely blue outfit.
The china head dolls are wonderful, china head dolls are one of my favorite dolls but I
don’t have any…
Thank you for sharing part of your collection.
Louise
What a gorgeous collection! Love the German & French doll. Just too beautiful!
Jillian
Betzie, i am so glad that you played with me because now i have seen all of your gorgeous dolls:) you have some real china sweetties:) i really love the doll that doesn't want anyone to hate her just because she is so beautiful!!! that was cute and she really IS beautiful!!!
Great collection. My favorite is the wax over mache. She is beautiful.
Enjoyed seeing your antique dolls. It's wonderful that you know their history.
Holley
o my goodness, you have the most fabulous collection. some very old vintage dolls. gorgeous!! they are all in such great shape. they must be well loved.
thanks for sharing.
oxoxooxx,
jessi
Love your beautiful dollies. I didn't know they were called lowbrow. You have a great collection.
Karen Eileen
oh love your dolls thanks for sharing.. i was in such a rush to take pictures forgot the chinas which i just love, so glad you posted yours! very pretty!
I love your china head dolls. They are one of my favorite dolls, by far. I love the pin tuck dress the low brow lady is wearing. Great collection!
-Karoline
The Alice in Wonderland Doll is something amazing. Her face is stunning and I've never seen another like her. Thanks for sharing your beauties.
Hugs! Nancy
What Beautiful collection! My favorite of your dolls would have to be Alice for the same reason you mentioned~those eyes, they speak volumes. Thank you for sharing:)
~Christine
Dottie is very cute & interesting. I bet she has an amazing story! :)
Your collection is lovely and I also love the French doll.
Karen
Wow! What a collection! I think I am glad I posted before I looked around at everyone's beauties. I might have been intimidated! But is so fun to play with them and take their picutures! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous dolls!
Hi Betsy,
I found you by blogging around on Dolly Day. I love all of the pics of your dolls (and everyone else' too). Jeesh I NEED more dollies.
xoxo
Cathy
Hello, my name is Shelley. Just had to comment on your lovely dolls. Thanks for sharing them. I am also a huge doll fan....Iam sure to come again for a visit.
Blessings,Shelley
This is what I like most about these challenges; to read blogs you have never read before and enjoy yourself to the utmost limit. I scrolled down a little and discovered that here it's dollshow every day and you have time enough, quite unique in blogland! I am a antique/vintage doll lover too and I want to thank you for showing and telling about your beautiful dolls!
Love all of your dolls! I love old, vintage dolls! Can you just imagine the stories they could tell if they could talk? My favorite is your french one...so unique and dainty! Thanks for sharing! ~Rhonda :)
wonderful doll collection! i love the "beautiful" one!
vivian
What stunning dolls!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
What a beautiful collection of dolls.
Cheers Linda
they are so great !!!
I love the Kestner doll and have a soft spot for china dolls. and the French doll is lovely,
mica
Fabulous collection. I just loved little Highland Mary and the wee French girl! I am learning so much about dolls from all the contributors, thanks for furthering my dolly knowledge!
I realized I left my blogger address... here is my garb-oodles Soup blog where you can see my daughters dolls. have a great day !!!! Mica
http://garboodles.typepad.com/garboodles_soup/
Such a lovely collection of dolls. I think my favorite is the French one. These dolls are so special. Karen
Oh, your doll collection is wonderful, I so enjoyed seeing it, thanks for sharing Pinkie Denise
oh Betzie =^..^=
Your dolls have taken my heart!
I think Alice might like to come live with me, okay? Ummmm I do so love Alice in Wonderland, I do!
So wonderful to find you playing here today.
I too love old toys. I don't think I could ever choose only one so I hope no one ever asks me too!
I have such fun visiting you ...
Thanks for having us over today!
=^..^= love, zU
So glad you came by for a visit! Thank you for the kind comments about someone that was so very dear to me! I wish grandmother could see all your dolls! She would have really appreciated them! She even got the Doll Collector magazine for years and knew all about them!
Thank you for sharing the story about the crafty lady and doll that you now have of hers! It's so nice to share common threads!
Come by again and visit! :) Rhonda
Beautiful, beautiful dolls:) Rachael
These antique dolls are so very pretty.I have no antique dolls but some 15 years agoo I made some replica antique doll's.I have 13 but sadly most of them are still in the nude and residing ,wrapped up in tissuepaper, in the cellar!A sham,I know.
Oh gosh that's an amazing collection! Love the Alice Doll too, she seems the most popular of your bunch tho we know all your dolls are incredibly beautiful. What a fun trip I've been on to discover the doll craze from blog to blog... :) Happy Spring, Monica :)
Beautiful collection and a great site ! I will come back soon! Lori
Wow Betzie, you have an amazing collection of dolls -- they are precious indeed!
Hello
Love your dollies...thanks so much for your kind comments! N
So glad I checked in on you today, Not only do I love ALL of your dolls but I learned so much from you and now I can hardly wait to go check out all of the new sites that posted here.GREAT post Betzie
Oh my, what a great collection! I love your Alice-in-wonderland-doll! She has such a lovely face!
So wonderful! I think that Dottie is my personal favorite, but the Alice-esque doll does have a gorgeous face. :)
I was a few days laste, but did post my own favorites ... if you are interested, feel free to stop by: http://3rdeyemuse.blogspot.com/2008/04/doll-party-worse-than-fashionably-late.html
Cheers! ~M~
Post a Comment