Monday, April 21, 2008

Old plates



One of my favorite things to collect over the years has been decorative plates. I love the old handpainted ones. I also collect Cavalier King Charles plates...and Ken Ottinger has some beauties.



Then, I love the red transferware plates, as well as cherubs and birds and the old old flow blue plates.







I have lots of fruit plates in my kitchen.








This one was my grandparent's...the colors are still so vibrant.


This is actually a pie plate that a friend gave me. I love the colors and the welcoming pineapple symbol. It's newer, but it blends in great with my colors.

Love Lily of the Valley, but have always had trouble growing it and yet we have plenty of shade.




Another old one from my grandparent's.




Time crumbles things; everything grows old under the power of Time and is forgotten through the lapse of Time.
Aristotle


I'm glad my old plates have yet to crumble even though I continue to grow older!

Enjoy your day...

4 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

Lovely plates Betzie! I love the roses plate and the doggy plate is adorable!

Thanks for sharing. :~)

xx Nancy

Janet said...

Your plate collection is beautiful! I especially like the Lily of the Valley plate. My grandma always had lily of the valley growing along side her house. They remind me of her.

And I also like all the fruit plates. I'm always attracted by fruit paintings....maybe because I eat so much fruit!!

Julie H said...

I too love old plates and especially collect blue and white ones for my dining room wall. These all beautiful.

Do you have puppies yet?

Sherry said...

You have some wonderful plates in your collection -- I love red transferware too...and the pineapple pie plate really catches my eye (I love the colour of your walls by the way!).

Lily of the valley -- I'm over-run with it!! One or two tiny plantings and next thing you know.........

Followers