Monday, May 31, 2010

Precious Time *Three Muses*

I find this theme appearing again and again in my jewelry, my cards,

my artwork. I suppose it becomes more important to us as we age...

This is a necklace I made using filigree, brass metal charms, a keyhole,

an old crystal and typewriter key, and a pretty antique brass dainty chain.

Do you find when you make your digital collages that you agonize over details?

Where to place things and how big to make shadows etc.? I guess if I had more

training it might come easier and I'd feel more confident.

Such a waste of time to stress over I suppose...


This is my favorite quote about time(have you figured that out yet?!) and I just love

butterflies. This is a font called Enchanted...combination

of filters and scrapbooking elements from here and there.


A pair of earrings I made....

Thank-you Three Muses

for hosting and Happy Anniversary!!! Three great ladies that do a super job

hosting a fun challenge each week. THANKS SO MUCH and hope to see

you all a lot more!

17 comments:

Chris Arlington said...

Thankyou for the lovely comments on my blog. I have enjoyed discovering your blog. Here is my favorite quote.
Time is a companion that goes with us. On the journey it rminds us to cherish each moment because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.
Hugs, Chris

Judy said...

Beautiful pieces, Betzie!

Sandy said...

OMG your work is really really beautiful. Love the time creation.

Jester said...

Betzie, your two collages are beautiful (I particulalry like the first, but the quote on the second is a wise reminder). Love those earrings!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful collages, I love your earrings, too. I've never read your time quote before. Thanks for stopping by on my blog.

Coffee Messiah said...

Very nice!

Cheers!

Saskia said...

Wonderful creations, just love the earrings!

indybev said...

And thank YOU, Betzie, for sharing your lovely time pieces...each more lovely than the other! I'm glad I don't have to choose a favorite. They're all wondrous! Thanks, too, for your kind words about our blog. It's the talented artists like yourself that make it work!

Taluula said...

Betzie, so many beautiful pieces and a fabulous quote too. Thank you so much for joining in and for your warm wishes for the Muses. You deserve a standing O!

Ozstuff said...

What a superb collection of time-flavoured art pieces. Your work is amazing - so beautiful and so skilfully executed.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Betzie,
Love your creation and I have always loved that quote and the name of your blog. Great new look too and the header is perfect.

The earrings are wonderful and I had to take a second look as the time they strike is exactly the time my son was born and the exact time my mother passed away.
They are gorgeous.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Great creations, fantastic image the first!
Hugs Anja

LivArtNow said...

This is beautiful!! love the earrings and the quote too!! Well done!!!

Linda

Unknown said...

oh what fab creations Betzie!!! these are wonderful!!!

Zuzu's Blog said...

these are all gorgeous. I love altered art you can wear.. well done

Zuzu's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oxana said...

So beautiful pieces!!!

Followers