Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Over the Rainbow *Three Muses Challenge*

When I was little, I would play this song over and over and over again.
My big brother would make fun of me and say my dreams would never
come true. He was wrong...dreams do come true.
I think this song is magical and no one can ever sing it as well as
Judy Garland did....
Digital collage....wikipedia, wizard of Oz website, google,
digital border and confetti from scrapbook software.

25 comments:

peggy gatto said...

I am off to see the wizard....
I also hold a special memory to this song, beautiful art!!!

Judy said...

This song would be in my 'top ten,' Betzie, beautiful take on the song theme!

LynnF said...

Oh, I absolutely agree with you, Betzie...no one could sing Over the Rainbow like the great Judy Garland. You illustrated the song with absolute beauty! LynnF

Terri Kahrs said...

What a classic! Your interpretation is beautiful, Betzie! Hugs, Terri xoxo

indybev said...

Ah, Betzie, your piece is as beautiful as the song...full of bluebirds and happiness and all things good. Thank you for sharing it with us!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Judy Garland's version is THE best. There is one version I like, too, and that is by Eva Cassidy. But Judy still holds top honors. I loved that movie SO much! I waited all year for it to play, and I sat glued to the TV when it would come on around Christmas. Oh, how I loved it!

XO,

Sheila

Unknown said...

oh I love this song...and your piece is beautiful!!! what a fantastic memory for me...

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Excellent choice, Betzie, and what a gorgeous presentation. Love it!

Sandy said...

Oh how lovely idea.
This is gorgeous. I love this song. Great work.

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful digi collage and I love also this song.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh thats beautiful and its my all time favourite song too.
j x

Effie said...

Wonderful collage.... love it!

Taluula said...

Oh, another of my favourite songs Betzie and you have illustrated it so perfectly. Standing O from my corner.

Diane said...

Love this collage Betzie! What a special movie that was.

WrightStuff said...

Funny, we were talking about the wizard of oz at work this week! We were speaking of the Scarecrow. How he doesn't know if the wizard can find him a brain, but he sets off on the journey anyway, because he'll be no worse off. It's that whole 'if you never try, you'll never fail' idea. Great piece of art Betzie.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and colourfull take on the song theme!

vintage wil said...

Your piece is beautiful!!!

Luisa Migon said...

Yes! Just dreamy!!!

Saskia said...

Wonderful collage and what a great song you picked!

LiLi M. said...

I have never seen the wizzard of ozz with judy garland... :-0 only the Diana Ross version, but I am planning to see it soon, as I feel I am not a serious member of blogland without seeing that classic!

Jayne said...

One of my fav songs and a great piece of art too!!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Betzie, Your art work is always amazing. I love your creation and I love the song, it has always been one of my favorites.
Hope you are having a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Janet said...

Beautiful piece! And thank goodness you didn't pay attention to your brother! Dreams really do come true. I hope he finally learned that.

Janny said...

Great song and beautiful work!

GwendolynKay said...

Amazing card! I love it! I have always adored this movie.. who hasn't? It is so enchanting isn't it?
~have a fab weekend~
Gwen:)

Followers