Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Tea


I love this tea and make it every Christmas for little gifts. I make labels and put them on simple canning jars, add the lids and a pretty bow. It smells so good and some times I'll use cinnamon sticks to stir it or you can add red hots(the candy) as well if you like those. There are a lot of different versions out there, but I usually go with this one. I've also used the sweetened canned Lemonade mix instead of the lemon ice tea mix...both are good. Great on a cold morning!

Photobucket





Photobucket


Spiced Tea Mix - All Recipes: "Ingredients
1 (3 ounce) package lemon-flavored ice tea mix
2 (1.8 ounce) packages orange-flavored drink mix (e.g. Tang)
1 1/3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground cloves
Directions
Combine iced tea mix, orange flavored drink mix, ground cinnamon, and ground cloves. Store in an airtight container.
To serve, stir 1 1/2 teaspoon mix into 1 cup hot water.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 109 Total Fat: 0.2g Cholesterol: 0mg
Nutritional InformationSpiced Tea MixServings Per Recipe: 6Amount Per ServingCalories: 109Total Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 76mgTotal Carbs: 28.7g Dietary Fiber: 1.1gProtein: 1.



Be sure to stop back on Saturday. I plan on giving away two Marie Antoinette ornaments that day for Pink Saturday. Hope to see you there!!!

3 comments:

LW said...

I will with out a doubt return here on Saturday…
I would not miss this for the world.

Louise

LiLi M. said...

Me neither! Though I do have a lot to catch up! Love your bears for starters and your blog banner is yummy! Enjoy the season!

Shopgirl said...

I love this idea for tea...
Betzie, I was a Sunday school teacher and Director 7th thru 12th.
Church Camp Counselor and leader of a yearly winter camp.
And a elementary substitute teacher for a few years. I was called the bag lady because I always had this large tote with all kinds of stuff to do. I really enjoyed 2nd graders. I had to stop when my Dad died and my Mother became ill. Lots of great memories.
Hugs, Mary

Followers