I am writing this post on Friday night awaiting a winter storm that is brewing...I would usually be excited but instead I'll worry all weekend until my son arrives safely home on Monday from college. Just hope he stays close to his dorm this weekend and doesn't go partying off campus! I've given him strict orders, but so much for that....I guess those days are over now....just have to say a prayer that he stays safe and sound
Onto Pink Saturday and family traditions....we don't have too many really...my dad would always make homemade eggnog and we'd always go to the candlelight service on Christmas Eve.

I still make stockings full of goodies for my sons....and we always open up gifts Christmas morning... pretty simple traditions. My mom used to always have a big party each year and all the relatives would come. Those were the best of times....

I still make stockings full of goodies for my sons....and we always open up gifts Christmas morning... pretty simple traditions. My mom used to always have a big party each year and all the relatives would come. Those were the best of times....
This year she can't get out so I'll go over there and make just the two of us a homemade meal to share together. Everyone else will travel up to Baltimore to visit other relatives. I'm just as happy to stay home, as my gift will be to have my mom still here....


A few more decorations to share and at the end, two PINK Marie Antoinette ornaments....
I will be choosing a name from those who leave a comment today to send these to....I put a thin layer of beeswax over them...love working with that stuff.
I didn't end up making a pink tree this year, just a silver and red one...something different for me though.I just love the silvery old ornaments and the antique glass glitter.














Have been redoing our guest bedroom and hope to share some pics of that soon too.
Enjoy your Saturday and hope you are about finished your Christmas shopping.....I am all done other than some wrapping and I need to make a few jewelry gifts yet for a niece and sister-in-law....
Be sure to visit Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for more Pink Saturday fun....THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!!! STAY WARM!!!




24 comments:
I enjoyed this blog, Betzie. Thanks for sharing--Merry Christmas! Diane
Merry Christmas!!! I woke up to a Winter Wonderland this morning.
How wonderful that you still have your Mom to celebrate Christmas with, you are truly blessed.
I love all the decorations you showed us and you have a beautiful home. Terry
Oh my goodness, how I love your toile window treatments and it looks as though you live on the golf course. I have a similar view out my windows.
I am so happy that your Mom is still with you and that you can still enjoy a Christmas meal with
her. How sweet.
Your decorations are so pretty.
Beautiful..HPS Happy Holidays
Betzie, this is such a sweet post. I hope and pray your son has traveling mercies on his return home. I think it is so sweet that you are going to celebrate with your mother. I miss mine SO much.
Love all of your decorations, and those ornaments are lovely as can be. I know the winner will absolutely love them. Thanks for giving all of us a chance to win.
Happy Pink Saturday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
P.S. Your toile curtains are WONDERFUL!
I will add a prayer for your son’s safe arrival home…
What a beautiful Christmas house, everything is so pretty.
I love that you still do a Christmas stocking. I still do them for my
kids as well, this year it is all about budget so the stockings will be filled with fun
and silly things….
Wish your mom a very Merry Christmas for me, your right she is a gift….
Louise
I'm hunkered down waiting for the storm, too. I plan to bake and make jambalaya.
You have so many beautiful decorations, thanks for sharing!
Happy Pink Saturday! Your blog today is so beautiful, the pictures of your home, and the lovely ornaments. Having your Mom
to share Christmas is wonderful.
Hope you all stay safe and warm
during the weather headed your way.
Enjoy some eggnog! Merry Christmas!
Beautiful decorations...lovely ornaments! have a very Merry Christmas!
Jillian
I hope you're warm and your son is safe. Your ornaments are beyond gorgeous..I love them. Happy Pink Saturday and have a safe and blessed Christmas. May it be filled with all those you love.
A special Merry Christmas to you and your mother. That's the most special gift of all.
I just found you...you must be on the east coast...Merry Christmas and a great new year to come...off to check out your blog some more.
Peace,
Mary
Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas, Betzie. I am thankful to still have my mother with me, too.
I'll be sure to say an extra prayer for your son's safe arrival.
Everything looks beautiful. Thank you for the great opportunity to win.
Hope your son arrives home safely. Tresures the time with your mom. Love the ornaments.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hi Betzie, What a beautiful home display you have. I love all your pics. They are so inspiring to me. Makes me want to start all over decorating. LOL! Your red toile window treatments are stunning!!
I just caught a tear when I read how you will dine with your mom, just the two of you. How wonderful that will be. Enjoy it to the fullest my friend. It is such a blessing.
The ornaments you made are beautiful. I love the beeswax effect. Mine are gorgeous too and I am so enjoying them, thank you so much.
I hope your son stays safe too and makes it home through the snow. These kids are young and seem to do just fine, but still we moms worry~don't we? That never changes either. I still get concern for my son too.
So nice to read about your plans and traditions. Hope you have a very special time and all the best in the new year.
Merry Christmas,
Love to you, Celestina Marie
Hi Betzie, my first visit to your blog! stop by and say hi if you get time.
Stay safe in the weather and I will say a special prayer that your son gets home safely.
Merry Christmas!
Barb
Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Holidays and I hope your son makes it home safe and sound. I am worrying too as my son is coming in from NYC and they are getting hit by this winter storm. Do we ever stop worrying as Moms? :) Your home looks so pretty for the holidays. I would love to be entered in your give-away. xo Lynn
Don't you just love to read about all the wonderful traditions we all have this time of year. I will say a prayer that your son arrives home safe and sound. I know the storm back east is bad with lots and lots of snow. Happy Pink Saturday Betzie. I just can't get enough of your curtains. I love the partial swag look that you have there and I really love the red and white. Merry Christmas, be safe and have a Happy New Year. I will see you in 2010. Please enter me in your perfect give a way, I would be honored, Char
Wonderful Pink decor for Christmas time.
Hope all goes well with family coming.
blessings
barbara jean
Such pretty pictures of your home! I love the tradition of stockings- they were always a fun part of our day also!
I am so interested in your use of beeswax- I became a beekeeper this summer. Have made lip balm so far but have not heard about using it for things like your sweet ornaments.
blessings
mary
Such a lovely decorations!
Merry Christmas!
love your christmas tree.. love the baubles.. so pretty.. Happy Pink Saturday & Merry Christmas
Betzie! My thoughts are with you...we picked my son up at Boston airport last night about 7:30 p.m. just ahead of the storm. Not a bit of snow on the 4 hour trip back to Stowe. In the end, your son will be safe, and you will be tired (from worry!) I was awake most of the night Friday doing just that over the impending storm.
I decorated in mostly red and silver, too. Most of the familiar ornaments we collected and made over the years are safely tucked away...just pulled out the silver and red and vintage style white lights. It is a beautiful, but simple tree.
Going to make sure I am following along here since I want to go all white in my fabrics which is a redo and love watching others no matter what the theme.
Enjoy your special time with your mom. What a lovely gift for her.
What a beautiful post Betzie! I love your pink Christmas :):) The ornaments are so beautiful and the recipient is so lucky! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!
Hugs,
Amy
Hello Betzie, thank you so much for your comment on Pink Sat. I love your post today and your sweet traditions. Traditions change thru the years as we get older and our lives change. There is nothing as constant as change.
Your pinks are all gorgeous. You have such artistic talent.
May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!
Christmas love, Jeanne
Post a Comment