Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tick, tock

I enjoyed making this new banner today, even though it's not quite right size wise for my blog. I wasn't sure how to make it rectangular, so I just left it as it is. I still have my sweet mom with me, at 89 years young. I do feel like the clock is ticking though...and it is not easy to see her grow old. She's always been so youthful in spirit and such a positive person. But time is starting to catch up to her body, even though she is still blessed with a good mind. She mainly sits and reads all day or watches TV, but as I tell her at least she can do that much! She has a lot of pain with arthritus and her stomach, but she "lives with it" as she says.
No one can take the place of your mom and I'm so thankful she is still here with me.
Hug your mom today if you still have yours.

13 comments:

NeereAnDear said...

Aaaahhh words well spoken... as mine is gone and Imiss her immensely ....it has been a long time since she passed... I think often of her... especially when I find some special thing that belongs to her...

Cherish those moments ... they are blessed ones

Hugs

JO

NeereAnDear said...

Aaaahhh words well spoken... as mine is gone and Imiss her immensely ....it has been a long time since she passed... I think often of her... especially when I find some special thing that belongs to her...

Cherish those moments ... they are blessed ones

Hugs

JO

LiLi M. said...

Great that you still have your mum and that you are happy with each other. Mine is gone for more than 12 years now and as Jo I still miss her very much. Great post, lovely banner (you could consider taking away the stripes behind your banner)!

Sherry said...

I love your new banner Betzie and that you included a photo of you with your mother!!

You are blessed to have her with you still and that she's doing well overall....I hug mine in my dreams every night.

LiLi M. said...

I think it's better now too! That banner is so cute, it deserves to get all attention. Hugs, LiLi

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I would give anything to have my mom with me for just one more day...she passed away 3 years ago and there is not a day or moment that goes by that I don't think of her. Give your Mom a hug from me...

LW said...

Our moms are so special…

Enjoy each and everyday!
My mom passed away 15 years ago…
She was 63...

I still miss her and know I always will…


Louise

Sandra Evertson said...

I Love it! It looks just Fabulous! Love the photo in the center of the block!
Sandra Evertson

Shopgirl said...

Charming Banner, so sweet!
I miss my Mama, and it's never going to go away.
Make everything a event!
Hugs,Mary

The Urban Chic said...

Betzie, got your giveaway in the mail and I just love it. Thanks also for the little soap. I love putting out little soaps for guests, but I think they are afraid to use them. Thanks again---I have a passion for journals. I wish I could hug my mom--tomorrow would have been her 81st birthday and it is my 37th anniversary. Cherish each moment you have, because you never know what tomorrow brings. Hugs, Pat

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

I am very blessed to have my mum here with us still!
Your words echoed in my heart.... my mum is the same way.... her mind has not caught up with her body!
She gets frustrated that she can't do what she thinks she can do!

God Bless you and your mum

XO,
Dolly

Sharon said...

Yes, I do still have my mom. My mom is 88 years young. You are right. It is so hard to see our mothers growing older and I also feel the clock ticking. Time is flying by much too fast ...

Werna Gail said...

You are so blessed to still have your mother, stay close and make wonderful memories, I have been recalling them since 1985 when my own dear mother went to see Jesus.
Like the new banner, I would have liked seeing the words to that song.HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Followers