Saturday, November 22, 2008

Feeling the spirit

It's been chilly here in Maryland this week and it's got me inspired, so in between doctor appts. and daily rituals, I've been trying to do a little creating. Nothing like cold weather to make me want to play indoors!

Here are a few of my results.





Cards were made using stamps from Oxford Impressions...love the new set I got last week.




These are ATC size but I'll use them as tags, or could be used as ornaments. I have been mad into beeswax lately, and I dipped these in wax for an older look. I love how it makes the layers appear from beneath. Try it, it is so much fun to work with...but it is addictive, so watch out.





A new Cavalier bracelet to add to my website. This was easy and fun to do. I simply downsized the pictures, punched them out with a circle puncher, glued them to the bottle caps, and added glaze to seal. Used E6000 glue to attach to blank bracelet.The gold buttons are very old and I didn't clean them because I like their "oldness", but the crowns were a perfect compliment to the Cavaliers, known to be companions to Royalty.
I'm sure you've seen these bracelets before, nothing new, but a fun, quick Christmas gift to make with any designs/photos you like. What kills me is when I see similar ones in catalogs for big bucks. This cost under $10 to make, although the old buttons could enhance it's value. I have no idea what they are worth.

Happy creating!

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh very festive Betzie!! I have some beeswax here that I haven't used yet...hmmm...I'm thinking I know what I might be doing tomorrow!!

Love the bracelet...it's gorgeous!! How can you part with it?!? ;)

Unknown said...

Your Christmas goodies are adorable! Good work. :)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Betzie, Oh my gosh I love your creations. You have given me a boast of Christmas spirit. You always create wonderful treasures. The bracelet is awesome.
So nice to see you and thank you for stopping by. So sorry I have not been over to visit lately. I have had an eye problem and been very limited on the computer. I am way behind with my blog, but hope to get back to normal this week.
Have a good evening and Happy Thanksgiving.
hugs, Celestina
la rea rose

Shopgirl said...

You have been a busy girl, Love it!
I hope you are having a wonderful season, Christmas is so near.
Hugs, Mary

Shopgirl said...

You have been a busy girl, Love it!
I hope you are having a wonderful season, Christmas is so near.
Hugs, Mary

Shopgirl said...

You have been a busy girl, Love it!
I hope you are having a wonderful season, Christmas is so near.
Hugs, Mary

Shopgirl said...

You have been a busy girl, Love it!
I hope you are having a wonderful season, Christmas is so near.
Hugs, Mary

Followers