Saturday, August 18, 2007

It Had to Be You...

I love that old song...my son was assigned to play that piece for the piano about two weeks ago. Talk about a memorable tune!!! I hear it in my sleep these days!!! Kevin has done great with it. Nice that he's being exposed to some oldies. He had to play Rock Around the Clock before this one, and he really got into it!

I've been thinking FALL the last week...ready for sweatshirt weather and cool nights and even HALLOWEEEEENNNN....I know it seems early, but have you been to Michael's lately? All Fall decorations already...One of my favorite fall things is collecting old Halloween postcards, except now, it seems to have caught on and BOY have they gone up in price!!!

I found an old photo of my grandmother as a toddler. I decided to cut and paste some bits and pieces of my old postcards. It's so so much fun to do, but also very time consuming. I also had to add a doggie photo too. Hope you enjoy some of my creations! Not sure if I'll make these into ATC's or what. Any ideas?




Here it is in it's original state.




Here she is with a new dress and a moon to give her a little light and color, plus her very own witch's hat! I'm naming her "Little Louisa Witch".



Now she has her own little dog to keep her company, and I liked this sign to add to the bottom.

Then I had to give the dog(My Lacey)a matching hat! Plus Louisa needed some new shoes, and this cat and pumpkin seemed just perfect to sit on the wall beside her!


Then, I painted on some polka dots and stars in the sky, and added a frame.



Next I thought I'd give her a tri colored Cavalier puppy instead...



And then, I decide to try altering the entire pic and changed it back to a spooky black and white, adding yet another very old Cavalier that is actually a GHOST DOG!!!






When I printed these out, I added a leash in her left hand and a little collar on the dogs.

IT HAD TO BE YOU..... LITTLE LOUISE...wonderful YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Gosh, I think her spirit had to be telling me what to do...I just got so carried away with it!!!!

if you click on a photo, you will see on her left shoulder something that looks like a frog to me...or maybe a rat? what do you think? I didn't put that there..wonder where it came from?

ALL PHOTOS COPYRIGHTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY

5 comments:

Cat said...

I enjoyed looking at every stage!

Turned out really neat, thanks for going thru the steps.

Carole Burant said...

Oh Betzie, I just LOVE what you did with the photo...I've just started getting into making ATCs and I'm always fascinated by how talented you all are with them!!! Like you, I love Halloween also....you're inspiring me to make a series of Halloween ATCs! hehe xox

Naturegirl said...

Absolutely amazing and oh so inspiring !! I think you have motivated me to try this wonderful expression of creativity! I am so pleased that you introduced yourself to me! Butterflies and faieries..I think we have something in common!!
hugs NG

Janet said...

This is just so adorable in every way. I love that it's a photo of your grandmother. And all the things you've added are wonderful. I wonder what she would think of her photo now. I'm sure she would think she had a very talented granddaughter.

Werna Gail said...

You have made my day, I so enjoyed this transformation...I was curious so I clicked on the org. pic. and I do believe your "frog" is one of the flowers from the bush
What a wonderful imagination you have! I think you should enlarge the finished one, frame it, (and you could do the frame yourself) to match, and sit it out at Halloween.

Followers