Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Lightening strike



I guess we were lucky it was just our chimney and we were all safe, but here is what it looked like AFTER that bolt decided to hit home. Hubby was on the potty right next to the window which is right beside the chimney! LOL It definitely shook him up, but at least it stayed outside!
I was in our basement and heard a ZAP sound...then the fire alarm went off.
We lost our phones, computers, TVs and are pretty sure our airconditioning is off kilter too...nothing compared to what some lose in catastrophies. Makes us realize how lucky we are and boy did I get a ton done when I didn't have a computer working!!!

7 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Goodness, look at that chimney!!! As you say, it could have been worse but it's scary when you think how close it hit! Your poor hubby, figures it would happen while he was sitting on the loo! LOL I'm so glad to hear no one was hurt and yes, it is amazing how much we can get done when we have no computer! hehe xox

Naturegirl said...

WOW!! Such force!!! I never new lightening could do that!!!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I am completely AMAZED at this photo. I cannot even imagine what your poor husband thought was happening.Luckily and thankfully no one was hurt...except for some shaky nerves.

oh and the background on my blog is a photo of some wallpaper I liked on a wallpaper site. I use the scribe template which makes doing backgrounds fairly easy. I don't know which one you're using but I could help you if 'scribe' was the template.

One Crabapple said...

My gosh this lightening thing is Crazy Business !!!

How weird for you ! Wow...what a thing to have happen. I am stunned ! yikes !

Sooo glad you are okay .

Kahshe Cottager said...

How frightening ... I am glad you are all safe although I am sure you were shaken up.

Cat said...

What a hit! I'm glad you are all okay - pretty scarry stuff! Too bad about all the electronic equipment!

Joy Logan said...

Wow lightning just brought down our front tree not long ago. Wonder if it was the same Maryland storm? Thanks for stopping by my blog. What dogs do you breed?

Followers