
We went down Ocean City to visit my parents. My aunt and cousins were there. My aunt made homemade crab soup and we had steamed crabs and cake for dessert. So so yummy, but I am stuffed! I've had crabs and crab soup every Fourth eversince I can remember...a tradition that I love. My one son loves them, but my other one would rather eat grilled cheese. I just wish my mom didn't look so tired and frail. I feel like every time I see her, she just looks less well. I guess I have to accept the fact she's 88 years old and not going to get younger. I just find it so depressing and I want her to be my happy, energetic, cheerful mom again. It's hard to accept change sometimes...but such is life. Time passes and we have no control over that...doesn't that SUCK????
Otherwise, it was a nice day and I'm glad we could all be together yet another year...lots to be thankful for, I shouldn't complain.
7 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th of July:-) I love it when families have such traditions...I've never had crab soup but it does sound yummy! I know what you mean about feeling sad seeing your mom getting old...my mom is 75 and still quite energetic but I've noticed she is starting to slow down a bit and things tire her out more.
It's hard to see our parents age, isn't it?
I'm glad you were able to enjoy the holiday and traditions together!
:)
Oooh, Crabs!! I love crabs, and you are so lucky to get to eat fresh from the shore ones every 4th! I hope that your mother gets well, my thoughts and prayers are with her!
I so hear you on the sadness you feel thinking about mom aging..I have mine in a senior home and it saddens me that it has to be this way but I have to keep moving forward and make peace with the way it is and not dwell on the way it was. I count my blessings that she is still here for me to enjoy her love ...now to comment on your crabby meal...mmmmmmm I LoVe crab and especially fresh from the ocean!!! hugs NG
I Love crab too!! yummy!!! I sure can relate to you about your Mom. Mine is 78, our NY trip was hard on her as she has parkinsons and back and leg problems. But it was a trip of a life time for her. There are days I just get really depressed thinking what my life will be like when she isn't here, she is my bestfriend.
Hope you had a great 4th!!!
Betzie, sorry I'm so late getting here! Crab soup sounds delicious!! That's a tradition I could get behind!
How difficult for you to watch your mom age. My mom died at such an early age that I never had to do that. Just be happy you still have your mom and enjoy each moment with her that you have.
I'm sort of late commenting to this post but I can absolutely relate about your Mom. It was the hardest part for me to face seeing my Mom need assistance, become slower, sometimes forgetful....when she was always the fun, cheerful, join-in, make people happy..person. It's a very difficult slope to navigate. I can only say enjoy her, love her, celebrate her.
It's lovely to have traditions!
Post a Comment