

I guess I've become entranced by them...haven't met any yet, but after reading Fairyopolis, I'm convinced they are among us. :) I have loved Cicely Mary Barker's flower fairies for a long time and have a few old prints of them hung up in our guest bedroom.

Soooo, I decided to make something related to fairies. First I decoupaged a cone shape and added three different colored paints,old photos, beads, jewels, glitter, and dried flowers. Then I added old tatting of course, my favorite...and some fiber intertwined in the handle. I painted the inside and added some matching tulle. Next I wanted to make a fairy to live inside of it, but wasn't sure what to make it out of...paper? Too flimsy? Beaded? Too time consuming Clay? Not a good sculptor Hmmmmm....then I thought of WAX! So I found a cute old mold of one with roses, melted the wax, and presto! A cute little fairy...I added some paint and glitter to spruce her up and made about ten of them.

I also found a 1920's poem about Fairies that I printed up on rose paper and jazzed up again with a touch of glitter.

I may try selling a few either on Etsy or ebay just for fun...

Just for decoration hung on an old cupboard...or hang on a doorknob...or wear the fairie around your neck or hang on a Christmas tree!
I may just give mine to my sweet niece, MacKenzie...who is a fairy princess herself!!!
4 comments:
Lovely, lovely, lovely! Faeries are enchanting and they ARE among us...sometimes we don't realize it and other times I really do think they take a human form..much like angels. I have the fairyopolis book and love it!
xo
OH MY GOSH!!!! How BEAUTIFUL!! You know how I feel about faeries so seeing this project of yours just about had my heart leaping out of my chest!!! lol If you sell them, I'm going to be your first buyer! hehe Love it!!!! Your neice sure is a little faerie princess:-) xox
THIS is wonderful! The little wax fairy is the perfect addition. The whole project is just beautiful and so whimsical. I think etsy would be the perfect place to sell these. Once again you've created something unique and special.
Fairyopolis is truly an inspiring book that sets your imagination free, great projects, hope you do well on etsy. I've finally found a little free time to create and blog
BE BLESSED :-)
Post a Comment