

Just thought I'd share a few things I've made recently for Cavalier lovers. I love the old photos of Spaniels, so I made a little matchbox with some red earrings inside. Took a photo of one of my pillows I made with some Braunswig & Fils fabric, and used it to make a decorative tile. I added touches of mettalic paints to border it. And last a domino necklace using a handsketched Cavalier. Since they descended from the 16th Century having been companions of Royalty, namely King Charles, I added a crown and some rhinestones as well.Yes, I'm addicted to the breed!

I have been making some new things though, unrelated to dogs! I'll try sharing those soon. Fairy lovers may find them interesting...:)
Also, speaking of someone whom I'm sure believed in fairies, be sure to watch the movie, "Miss. Potter", about the life of Beatrix Potter during Victorian England days. She not only wrote her dear stories about her beloved animal friends, she also was an independent woman who thought for herself and was way ahead of her time! I loved every minute of it!
I guess I shouldn't have drank that ice tea before bed tonight! Must have been the caffeine. Wouldn't you know, my hubby decided NOT to snore tonight too!!!
2 comments:
Betzie, it might have been that iced tea but lucky for us that you drank it! We get to see all the goodies you've been working on. I love the domino necklace....is it one of your sketches? The dogs are just so sweet looking in all your pieces. And thanks to you I now know a little more about them. As for Miss Potter, I loved it. I think it's one of the best movies I've seen recently. Renee did a wonderful job and had the right combination of "prim & proper" and independent woman.
Now go get some sleep!!
You know that's what I need to do when I can't sleep in the middle of the night....blog! Your work is great, that domino necklace looks like scrimshaw. wow! And that crown on top is great!
I saw Miss Potter and although I DID like the movie I had trouble with Renee Zelwegger playing her. I can't really say why.
Post a Comment