
I had no idea what I'd do with it, but I loved it's size and bought two of them, just 99 cents each.
I had a few small scraps of fabrics and started decoupaging them on, added a butterfly on the front, with glittery antennae and tiny pink hearts. Then I found some tiny scrabble tiles and used those for the title on the spine. I edged it with lavender glitter and tee tiny pink and lavender seed beads. On the back I decoupaged a big "B" sticker I had that glittered in purples and decoupaged my mom's pic as a little girl in her precious bonnet(B for bonnet of course) and found an old button that picked up all the colors as well. I had this really pretty glittery fiber and made a tiny braid to edge the entire book. This helped hide little spots that needed hiding too.
Inside, I made a silk transfer paper with words and sayings that I like..."Be Internal" "Think Kindness" "ART" "PRAY" "Go with the Flow" etc. I really liked how that turned out because I used a backdrop of a blue embroidery scene and when I decoupaged it over my fabric already in the box, it changed from blue to purple! Perfect!

On the opposite side I used pink polka dot fabric and I had an old 1940's Brooch that I glued inside with jewelry glue(strong stuff). It's one of those florals that was etched inside the hard plastic...I can't think of the name for them...but they are neat and the colors of this one were just what I needed.
Anyhow, here's the funny thing. Today I was looking through a Somerset Magazine, and someone had done an article called, "Secret Boxes"! These are fun to make...and this won't be my last.

5 comments:
Hi, I've been blog jumping and fell into your blog. Your secret box is really cute. You make it sound so easy and fun. I'm going to add it to my list of things I want to try.
your box is very nice
if you liked the boxes in Somerset
go to Studio Stuff Girls blog site
That is Linda Harre's sight. She has many of her boxes posted in the archives...
Good luck with your new boxes. I am sure they will be great.
Little boxes are so nice to have on hand, you never know what treasures you might want to store away in them or just have for an art piece. Great job and good idea.
This box is so adorable and something you could really play with - develop themes around! Great job!
You don't have an email link so I will tell you here, my crocs are the fuschia pink ones and the color is fabulous and bright without being neon!
Can't wait to see your giveaway!
Oh these are just beautiful. I'm loving the scrabble letters on the side of the first one...and...oh my the inside of the box is just as lovely as the outside.
Post a Comment