Saturday, March 24, 2007

Be In The Moment ATC



Here is my grandmother as a little girl, maybe around four years old. I used fabric, paper,glitter, and some hand dyed very delicate tatting in pinks, yellow, and turquoise. I painted the back a robin egg blue and splattered a little on the front too, plus gave her a party hat.She had such a serious look in this photo, I had to cheer her up!!!
She did live in the moment when I knew her. She was a very simple person. She had her daily chores each day of the week, and her home was immaculate(I don't take after her in that respect!). She was very happy in her home and did needlework for a hobby. She was a hard worker in her church. When my grandfather died, she moved in with us. She was my buddy. We played scrabble, poker, canasta, gin rummy, and crazy 8's. She made the best apple and blueberry pies and read her bible everyday.
I think she taught me to enjoy the simple things. I loved going to her house and being with her and my grandfather. When I was there, they had nothing else to do but be with me. We were "in the moment" and those are moments I'll never forget.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

What beautiful memories of your grandmother! I'm sure you were a joy to her, too, as you are obviously a direct reflection of that now =)

Werna Gail said...

Just had to stop by here before getting myself to bed(will have to be up at 5)....I really like the idea behind this ATC,I think your grammy would probably smile at the party hat. Great composition,great memories. See you on the 3rd.

Beemoosie said...

What wonderful memories, and a wonderful lesson for us all!! I love your work with ATC's. I have never done any myself, but awfully tempted to try!
Have a great day!

Janet said...

This is such a wonderful ATC because it holds memories for you. I like the photo and how you gave her a party hat to cheer her up!

I'm really late getting around but I was gone over the weekend.

Cat said...

Neat memories, and I think your Grandmother is smiling looking at this beautiful tribute to her.

Followers