Sunday, January 16, 2011

Journal page 3 LOVE IN BLOOM


Just had some fun playing with this page...used pinks and purples, some black and white tissue paper I found at Michael's, and my Radiant rain pink grapefruit mister, chalks, and those finger paint tubs which I can't recall the name of!  I had a  fabric bird where the vintage flower is, but didn't like it. So yanked it off and found that in my flower box. It has the cutest little powder puff as it's center. I made the center of the other flowers with little old crochet medallions I had in my stash.


So fun to just do and not *think* in this journal, although I still worry too much about the outcome! 
                                It was looking so messy for a while and I hated it...so that's why I ended up
slapping the flowers down to hide the ugliness...so glad God gave us flowers in life.

      


What I also love doing is playing with the filters on my editing program as well....kind of liked it without color too...                                   
                                                    

 Where flowers bloom so does hope.

- Lady Bird Johnson


6 comments:

Diane said...

Ahhh-love the beauty Betzie!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, how darling! Great work, Betzie!

XO,

Sheil :-)

Janet said...

It's a beautiful page whether it's in color or black and white. Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Betzie!

Yes, I too am glad that God created the flowers! They do brighten one's day, yes?

Happy New Year!

Mizpah,
li

Judy said...

Beautiful journal pages, Betzie!

Anonymous said...

Betzie, I've been visiting some of your post and I found this piece striking. It looks like you also stitched on it but I am not sure. Love the colors and use of tissue for dimension. I also like your choice of muse art - it seems we share the same love of mystical, fairies, whimsical, angels, butterflies, dragonflies, Thanks Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

Followers