Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Journal page 2

 I am almost finished undecorating but not quite....she's in between Christmas and Valentine's  too I suppose. I created this page over many days,
...just here and there when I find a spare ten minutes or so.....


 I painted gold gesso first from Daniel Smith...nice stuff for a background...it's shiny so it will stand out if you have empty spots after covering it.I used some leftover Christmas wrapping paper and Christmas napkins. Just decoupaged them but I used sparkly decoupage so the page is all glittery. Not sure if you can tell here.


Love copic markers and Paper Whimsy girls. Found the wings on a cardstock I'd printed last year
and made them match her dress and the backdrop.


She comes out of her pocket and holds her favorite word. I added a red velvet ribbon to her heart so she could
be hung on a Christmas tree or Valentine's tree...but for now she'll live in my journal.

Hope you all are safe indoors and finding warmth and love in your homes.
Cold here today...no snow yet but they are predicting it again tonight.
Happy creating in your journals if you have one!

6 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Betsy! She is GORGEOUS. You always create the most stunning things. She looks like a Valentine princess (or Christmas princess), and I love that she has the word "love" in her hand!

Great job, my friend.

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

And look what I did! I got so excited, I wrote Betsy and not Betzie! I'm so sorry. She just took my breath away and apparently my brain with it. LOL! ;-)

Celestina Marie said...

Betzie,
WOW another amazing creation from your talented spirit. What a wonderful Valentine.

Also enjoyed your journal with your darling pic. You were such a sweet and adorable little girl.
It is a great idea to do an art journal. I have several that I try to enter creative thoughts in, but I don't always get it done. LOL

Hope your new year is off to a great start. How is your son doing in England? Was he able to come home for Christmas? I know you must miss him.

Blessings to you my friend.
Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie
p.s. we are having bitter cold temps! snow last Sunday and maybe some more. Unusual for us.

LiLi M. said...

I just love her!
Hope you have a lovely day too!

Diane said...

Betzie, this is so excellent--what a wonderful journal page, and possibly an ornament in the future--Love those layers!

milkcan said...

Holy gorgeousness! Love all that amazing glitter and glimmer! So glad you're participating in Art Journal Every Day!

Followers