Friday, March 06, 2009

Think Pink, Spring, and Butterflies

Amazing how quickly the days go by isn't it? Sometimes I just want to hang onto the day and not let it end. Don't you wish you could hug time to you and not let it escape? Of course, then there are times when you can't wait to let it go, but it would be nice if we could pick and choose.


Daylight savings time starts for us this weekend...spring ahead! Yippeee!!!



So in honor of SPRING coming and of PINK SATURDAY, I made a card this week. First I made a digital collage using a butterfly graphic from the Graphics Fairy.


Have you ever seen button faces? Well this is one that I had and used for her face.


I made a digital pink crown from sheet music I digitally colored PINK

Cut and pasted those together...then I found a floral background,I think also from The Graphics Fairy...



BUT I blurred the image and then pasted my butterfly Princess on top of it.


I printed it out on a cotton sheet and decoupaged it on some co-ordinating cardstock. Added some rhinestones and zig zagged around the edge with my sewing machine.

I found those cute PINK quilted felt flowers at Michael's...Martha has them out in her collection this spring.


Now for the inside....not sure what to put yet...maybe a Spring poem or something? Ideas? I guess I could always use my favorite quote which also seems appropriate to end my post with:



"THE BUTTERFLY COUNTS NOT MONTHS, BUT MOMENTS AND
HAS TIME ENOUGH" Rabindranath Tagore




Happy Pink Day and THINK SPRING!











45 comments:

My name is Riet said...

That is a beautiful pink post. Happy pink saturday

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a lovely pink post! You are a very creative and talented lady! Love what you did what this piece! Very creative, and I love her sweet face!

Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

bj said...

I love love love your beautiful pink post today.
This lady has the sweetest face and, my, what a fabulous job you did on her.
Happy Pink!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your first Pink Saturday, Betzie.

Your creation is amazing. Great job!!! Thank you for sharing with us.

Teacup Mosaics said...

YOur card is awesome! I love all of it. Thanks for sharing such a fun and beautiful project.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pinks! Have a great weekend.
Lorri

KBeau said...

My goodness, you've been busy. That is beautiful. You are so talented.

Pink Slippers said...

Happy PINK Saturday!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

What a beautiful card, you are so talented.
Molly

LW said...

What a pretty and whimsical card….

Love all of your pink….

Louise

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Very pretty.. thanks for sharing.

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY,
WHAT TALENT YOU HAVE
BEAUTIFUL POST
BLESSINGS
debbie

♥Mimi♥ said...

Wonderful pinkies today! Thanks so much for sharing. Pink Saturday is always so much fun for me. You get to know the bloggers and also get so many great ideas for your home and for your he♥rt, too.

Tristan Robin said...

this is a terrific pink post! and a really terrific card!

happy pink saturday!

Jorgelina said...

Welcome to your first Pink Saturday
I love your beautiful pink.
Happy pink saturday!!!

Fifi Flowers said...

Butterfly of Spring... pretty!
Happy Pink Sautrday!
Fifi

Barb said...

Love the floral background paper.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Barb/Bella Vista

fairiemoon said...

What a lovely card. I love that little face! Welcome to Pink Saturday!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/fairiemoon/

Light and Voices said...

You certainly are a crafty person. Happy Pink Saturday!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Love this post!


~ Gabriela ~

Glennis said...

Sweet! perfect for spring. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday and what a lovely pink post. I love your quote!

Welcome.

Kris

Unknown said...

Wow! That is an absolutely gorgeous card! So much attention to detail!

LiLi M. said...

I love your blog background and banner! This card is amazing, thanks for sharing! Have a happy Sunday too!

BailiwickStudio said...

What a lovely card! Happy Pink Saturday to you!

::Jill

Terri said...

Very beautiful and I just wanted to say I hope you have a Happy Pink Day!

Betty said...

Oh! That is so pretty!! I love her sweet face!
♥Happy Pink Saturday♥

Deanna said...

Hi Betzie and welcome to Pink Saturday!
Wow, I am amazed by your work and I mean WORK...that was a lot of steps you went through to make such a beautiful creation. Just wonderful!

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday!
Deanna :D

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday. So many pink things to remind us of Spring. So beautiful.
Karen

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

very ceative pinks! Happy Pink Saturday

Susan

Willnnabel said...

Happy Pink Saturday

JudyBug said...

What a creative post. Wow - what talent!

JudyBug

Anonymous said...

Hi and it's so nice to meet you! Oh, how sweet! You're very creative!
Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me today!
Shelia ;)

NoBS said...

My opinion of collage art constantly wavers back and forth. I can honestly say, I LOVE what you've done here!

Anonymous said...

Love the card. Happy Pink Saturday!

Hugs :)

Irma

Claudia said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Beautiful creation - I love what you did!

Dru said...

Happy Pink Saturday - i know I'm late, but I love your pinks and thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Betzie, Your talent goes on and on! Love this so much! And. I love the quote you had at the end. I would add that. Perfect

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I choose two names for the "Pink Saturday" heart. You were name number two and while I don't have any more pink hearts left I will be sending you a heart as well. Please e-mail me so that I can send you your heart.

Au Revoir

Kris
Tresbelle-tresbelle

Wildflowerhouse said...

I love your post. I love the music and what a talented lady you are. Thanks for comment on my blog. Sharon

Fete et Fleur said...

Spring is definitely in the air here on your blog. I love your creation!

Hugs!
Nanc

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the Heart Giveaway by Miss Kris at Tresbelle :-)

Oh, that's a pretty card you created there too. Hope to see you this coming Saturday.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful image! Thanks for sharing your creative talent! :)

Shopgirl said...

Love all this pink..what a wonderful project.
I have so many things going at one time, it is hard to stay on one thing very long. I continue to gather for my ABC Book.
Happy everyday, Mary

Attic Rat said...

I just stopped by to wish you a wonderful day!

smiles,
Teresa

Followers