
I am a collector of dolls, all kinds really, but I love the old ones best. I discovered Boudoir dolls a few years ago, had never heard of them before.
They were primarily made between the 1920's to 1940's...some in the art deco style. These were dolls made for ladies to sit on their beds, usually made of cloth with composition limbs. Some of their outfits can be very fancy and glamourous...like the French ones...the ones with silk faces can be very expensive but they are probably the most beautiful of all.
Ruby Lane has gorgeous ones if you want to see some..
Anyway, I took this photo of a face of one of mine and made her into a paper doll.

I am calling her Ms. Pink Saturday in honor of Beverly's special day...
She wants everyone that comes here to remember one thing: BE BOLD, HAVE HEART.....and always THINK PINK!
I used a dress form from Shabby Cottage for her torso and that made it super easy to just add legs, arms, and embellishments.

She loves PINK, can you tell? Including her yummy pink lollipop and dangling pink earrings...
And yes, she wants everyone to know she is a true artist...Have a fun Pink Saturday and enjoy your weekend!!! Come visit next Saturday for a little PINK giveaway! xo

* Click my pic to see me closer...*
28 comments:
I sure can tell :-) She's so hip. Well, aside from the things you mentioned that are just pink, also love her 'Q' bling there :-)
What a fabulous doll! You are very talented!
Great doll! Happy Pink Saturday!
Well, she looks very sophisticated and worldly!! She's fabulous! Have a great Pink Saturday.
One day of the week I get to truly indulge my ♥ for pink and today, you sure have made me happy! Thanks so much!
I like that spider web skirt!
Have a great Pink Saturday!
They are so interesting and cute!!
Happy Pink Saturday.
Barb
She is adorable! Love her little glasses. Happy Pink Saturday.
Oh my goodness! How talented you are! Wonderful pink post on Pink Saturday!
Betzie,
Oh, I love her!! She is sooo darling. She reminds me of me. HA You did a great job!
Happy Pink Saturday.
Kris
cute doll! Happy Pink Saturday ~ Susan
I love her she is so cute!I love looking at those kind of doll creations, they are too cute!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Jennifer
Happy Pink Saturday! Doll is adorable.
Joyce
Hi Betzie
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I think your doll is wonderful and I love her attitude! Happy Pink Saturday.
Hugs, Rhondi
Happy Pink Saturday! Lovely paperdoll.
Hugs :)
Irma
Hi Betzie,
I love your doll. I had never heard of them. Now I'm going to have to go hunt one down. I love Ruby Lane and have purchased many things from there.
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday!
Deanna :D
you must of had fun creating...
happy pink
Heidi
Happy Pink Saturday!
Love it!
~ Gabriela ~
Betzie, she is just absolutely fantastic. Thank you for doing this and sharing it with us.
Happy Pink Saturday.
Love her, and I am thinking Pink now, Love ya loads, Mary
I didn't make it visiting all Pink Posts on saturday, but I just keep going....
Happy belated Pink Saturday!
That is a beautiful doll. Happy belated pink Saturday
I've never heard of Boudoir dolls before and now I WANT ONE!! Yours is soooo pretty! Thanks for sharing!
Hi Betzie, Miss Pink Saturday is too wonderful. I love it and reading about the history of those dolls. I remember my relatives in PA. always having this type of doll on the bed back when I visited as a little girl in the 60s
Not sure what ever happened to them.
Got to tell you. The soaps are wonderfully displayed in my garden bath and when you pass that room, the scent is so yummy. I am so enjoying them. Many thanks again sweet friend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie
Don't you just love collecting! And dolls, what girl doesn't love dolls, I would be playing all day, great share, thankyou and Happy Pink Saturday. I am sorry this is late in getting to you, but I am making my way down the long list of pink lovers, Char
What a great idea! I love both dolls! Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!
Hi Betzie,
Stopping by to say Happy Spring!!
Love seeing your creations again.
Way wonderful!!!!!
Have a great weekend.
hugs, Celestina Marie
Post a Comment