Friday, March 20, 2009

Pink for today!





As most of you know, I love dogs and show and breed Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.


I love making things featuring them..they are such a sweet breed with hearts of gold. They live to be your companion and to love you unconditionally.




I made this card a few months ago...it's mostly PINK so I thought I'd share it today...I collaged it on the computer and printed it out on photo paper. Added the silver corner frame and layered it on three different background papers. Embellished with a hint of old ecru lace at the bottom and made a matching envelope.



Today I have a little pink item to give away...These are PINK salt and pepper shakers. I'm not sure if they are old. I think the tops on them are too shiny to be old, but whether the glass is, I'm not really sure...They are still very pretty and if you collect pink crystal ware, these are for you!!!



Just leave a comment and I'll pick a winner on Monday! Be sure I can reach you by email or your blog.

Have a wonderful day and good luck!!! xo

29 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

These are lovely-they look like depression glass or something similar to that. My folks were antique dealers-I should have paid closer attention!!!
I love your dog! That is one of the breeds I considered, but I could not find a breeder that I knew or could find enough info about in order to buy. I ended up with a larger chocolate lab that I love-but your dog's photos just speak to me!!

Thistlebrooms said...

How Lovely...
I have quite a bit of depression glass from my parents that I cherish...This would be so wonderful to add to the table...

Love your blog and am always checking in...

Always My Best...Marilyn

vickie said...

Hi, I came over to visit from Celeste's blog. I would love to enter your giveaway! I really enjoyed reading through your blog, and love the picture of the sweet dog. I've always thought they were great dogs. Thanks for sharing.

Fete et Fleur said...

Hi Betzie!

Your card is wonderful. I love the musical wings!

Hugs!
Nancy

LiLi M. said...

That card is lovely, and those dogs are too! Happy pink Saturday to you Betzie!

Anonymous said...

Aaawww that is one sweet card with the dog :-)

That is a really beautiful salt and shaker with the hint of pink in the glass. It will definitely look good on display. Hey, maybe I can put by pink and blue stars in it :-)

Happy Pink Saturday!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Such pretty cards.. I just love King Charlie's too! HPS!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Lovely post!


~ Gabriela ~

Nancy said...

Such pretty salt and pepper shakers. Happy Pink Saturday!

Michelle said...

Love the salt and peppers!

Have a great Pink Saturday!

Tristan Robin said...

what a lovely card - my neighbor has a King Charles, and it is just the most affectionate thing ever!

... and what a lovely give-away! how generous of you!

I'll keep my fingers crossed and wish you a hApPy PiNk SaTuRdAy!

LW said...

What a sweet card, your dogs are wonderful...

I love the pink S&P's. I love pink
depression glass..so very pretty...

Louise

♥Mimi♥ said...

I just ♥ Pink Saturday. I am able to visit some gorgeous blogs, see loads of pink-a-licious goodies and have a wonderful morning to start the weekend. Thanks!

♥ those spaniels!

Glennis said...

How pretty!! And pink!! I love the dig images on the cards, too.

Have a great Pink Saturday!

Char said...

Your card is gorgeous and I hope you take them with you when you show your dogs. You should be offering them for sale, I bet you would have no problem or shortage of customers, Happy Pink Saturday and I would love to be the winner of those gorgeous shakers, Char

Lori Lynn said...

*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* HAPPY PINK SATURDAY *

Unknown said...

What a lovely pink post! I love pink! Oh, I would love to win those beautiful pink glass salt and pepper shakers! I am decorating my kitchen in pink goodness and those would be absolutely PERFECT! :)

Jorgelina said...

That card is lovely!
Happy pìnk saturday!!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday and have a great first weekend of Spring ~ Susan

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

I love your pink. And love the Salt and Peppers. And the dogs are wonderful. I'm not familiar with this breed, but if it is a dog, I love them! I had a mixed breed shepherd/lab that recently passed, but she had a heart of gold! Love her.

Have a wonderful day,
Kitty

My name is Riet said...

That card is lovely and I love your dog. Happy pink saturday

suesueb said...

your card is lovely and the shakers are too! hope your week is perfectly pink and wonderful!!

Claudia said...

What a lovely giveaway! I love that pink depression glass. I think I've commented before on how much I love Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. They are the sweetest dogs and so gentle. Happy Pink Saturday!

Fifi Flowers said...

You're dogs are so cute... I love painting dogs!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Fifi

Country Romantic said...

Hi Betzie,

You have a lovely blog. Thank you for such a sweet comment on my blog. Happy pink saturday to you!! :) Your giveaway is lovely also. They are so pretty.

Hugs & Blessings,

~Katherine~

Shopgirl said...

I was looking at the shakers thinking how pretty they are when I realized this is a give away...please put me in, I would treasure them.
Love ya, Mary

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Happy PS! that is pretty SP depresion glass and your card is pretty too! would love to enter your giveaway..

have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is just lovely and I really like the banner. The salt and pepper shakers are beautiful. The cards are beautiful too and filled with such detail. Happy Pink Saturday.

Fleur de Bee said...

I am DROOLING over those pink shakers! As I never win anything I would love to be entered just for kicks ha! I have been searching for some pink ones for a little over a year I like now and these are so beautiful!

Thanks so much for your sweet visit to my blog for Pink Saturday and sharing on yours! You have a beautiful blog!! I can't wait to read more and get to know you better!

xo Molly

Followers