Monday, September 01, 2008

Have to remember to plant these next spring...






I wanted to share these pics of these plants I planted this year that have done really well in the shade...I can't think of their names though! If someone knows, let me know. I just love them especially the white leafed ones. Next season I want to do more of these all around the backyard. They are annuals and remind me of Hostas..only they get better as the summer progresses unlike some of my Hostas that die out or droop.

Also, they really look so pretty with red flowers, so I will have to plant more RED next year too. :) I love changing colors anyway and since I had lots of pink this year, RED is it next year!

4 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

They are Caladium and they are lovely!
Penny

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

I love caladium's my Grandmother always grew them & they would get so big. And yes Lucy does know how brain clutter feels! Ha! She has plenty of it! Hugs***Renea

Anonymous said...

Ohhh they are soo beautiful. It's wonderful that you are going to try to remember to do that. I'm sure that your heart will remember and follow. Thanks for sharing with us!
*HUGS*

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Let them start to die back, but not freeze. you should be able to dig up the bulbs, dry them out in a cool place, then store them in vermiculite and replant for next year. Good luck!

Followers