Monday, September 08, 2008

Thinking Halloween

I guess September hits and I start having to think up something new to make for Halloween. I have felt so blocked lately...too many materials, too many ideas, too little time and when I have time, I feel overwhelmed and befuddled.

This weekend I got inspired when I saw a little old Halloween decoration of a paper doll witch. So I made a few of my own little characters using rubber stamps and a little of this and that to decorate them.

Here's QUEEN OF CATS, BOO GIRL, and SASSY JANE or PLAIN JANE...all three on ebay this week. The Prim and Whimsy Girls are hosting a little Fall listing of handmade things, so be sure to do a search for PWGL and you'll see lots of nice things by talented people.



I had saved one of those flickering Kleenex boxes from last Halloween and used the pumpkin on it for "Boo Girl's" head...hard to tell here, but her head will change to show three different faces.


This girl is just too full of herself!


"Sassy Jane" is my favorite. She is my first attempt at paper jewelry. She can be worn around your neck and she has Swarovski crystals and wears orange blush of course. Her purse is a charm that reads, "Wild, Sexy, Sassy" and that's her on a GOOD DAY! On a bad day, flip over her other side and she's just PLAIN JANE...kind of like what I am today...well, most days. LOL

Happy FALL!

17 comments:

Janet said...

You've done it again!! These are so cute! I love the Queen of Cats, and Sassy/Plain Jane is wonderful....they all are. You always come up with such fantastic ideas! I want to tap into your brain!

SweetAnnee said...

Oh Betzie..those are darling..I'm going over to eBay to look.Smiles, Deena

Judypatooote said...

I just love creative people, and it looks like a found another one....Nice work..... judy

Unknown said...

These are soooooo cute! What a wonderful idea. I have to see your ebay. Karen

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

All of your beautiful creations are amazing....I love them all. Hard to pick a favorite....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Betzie, WOW your creations are just awesome. You are a talent and beyond with these little darlings.
I am going right over to ebay.
So nice to see you today and thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Celestina
la rea rose

Sandra Evertson said...

Love your new banner and the dolls are Fabulous!
Sandra Evertson

Jo James said...

They're all precious!
I just love odd little paper dolls and collages.

Now I wana go play with bits and scraps!

Werna Gail said...

You are way ahead of me, Halloween?
I just managed to put the fall wreath on the door and a scarecrow in a bucket of flowers out on my gate. I'm not a big fan of Halloween but I really like the
Queen of Cats, that's my favorite.

Shopgirl said...

These are so cute...you have the Halloween spirit for sure.
Looking forward to seeing some more.... Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

I love them all, but Jane is my favorite :-)

Sara~Graphic Pretties said...

Hi Betzie!
Cute...I especially love the cat. I wish I had more time to craft...I am really hoping this winter the kids and I can create some things. Thanks for sharing!
♥Sara

Jamie Martin said...

All of your paper dolls are wonderful and creative!

Sherry said...

Wheee...these decorations are so whimsically fun!!! You have such a flair Betzie and I am in love with the blog banner you've done for the holiday!! Sooo cute!!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Hello, new friend. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog so that I could follow the trail of breadcrumbs back to find your magical site. I love your artwork! So clever. My youngest is our artistic sparkler, though we all dabble artistically. She will enjoy a look-see at your colorful creations.

I share your musing over befuddlement and overwhelm. Late summer finds me drained from our heat (and this year has been most oppressive), but cooler nights and more temperate days shall surely revive us all. The languid days days of summer always produce an abundant and artistic harvest come fall.

Rhondamum said...

So glad you found me, cause I am LOVING your blog! I need to check ebay because I really want that cat!

Oh my, I have that issue of Digital Studio, and had folded your page in. Fabulous work!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and offering to make mom a card. It helps her so much. Please email me your email so I can email you her address.

Hope to chat soon! God Bless!

Rhonda...

Rhondamum said...

Ok, I'm a dork! My children seem to suck my brain dry sometimes, sorry...

Rlsecrist@aol.com

Have Queen of Cats on my watch list :>) Too cute!

R...

Followers