Thursday, March 13, 2008

This and That



Thank-you Sara for this kind award. I'm sorry it took me so long to put it up here! I haven't been on the computer as much lately, but I really did appreciate it more than you know!

I have been busy with my mom, my family, my dogs, cleaning the house(ha ha..don't believe that one), and working on my Toy Theater for my Marie Antoinette project.

It's wonderful to have this project because when I do have time for it, it helps me focus on something different. I'm trying to remember this saying from Budha:



This is a rubber stamp I recently purchased, and I can't wait to use it because I love it's message.

Anyhow, I have been collecting lots of Marie stuff. Here is a collage I made of her cutting and pasting on the computer only. It is actually made up of 7 components, vintage wallpapers, a border from an old book I scanned, a postcard of Marie, a bird and rose tradecard from a Graphics books, and sheet music I scanned. Also, I find wonderful copyright free graphics from THE GRAPHICS FAIRY! Be sure to see her blog.



Here is another collage I did, I like this one better...same type of thing though, simply pieced together from a little here and there. I hope to make a few cards with this one.



Next is a photo of my Inspiration Bulletin Board. I tack up things that I want to use in my project, ideas, words, photos, flowers, etc. I found the bulletin board at Marshall's about a month ago. See that chair? I got that at Michael's for $1 during an after Christmas sale...I think it will make a neat little prop. I also came upon some really pretty millinery flowers to use in her costumes. See the pink ones there...my, I didn't realize they were so popular right now.




Then I had to make a "Marie Box" too, since my bulletin board wouldn't hold everything...so here it is:




And inside a card I made plus all kinds of goodies!!! Marie just keeps telling me to use this and that and it all just keeps coming to me! Ribbons, decorative papers, stamps, photos,books,jewelry...so now that is almost FULL, I need to get busy and start the actual creating. I just loved this part though...isn't the process more fun sometimes than the result??!



Will keep you posted on it!

9 comments:

Janet said...

Yes, we are connected in spirit!! This is such a beautiful post. The pictures are all just so lovely and your collages are great. Your bulletin board is like a work of art in itself! I can't wait to see what else you create with all these goodies.

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Hi there, found you via Janet. Love, love, love your Marie box. It's funny b/c I too have a little board I put my inspirational pieces on, or ATC's, cards, etc...Enjoyed your site. Renea

Carole Burant said...

Marie Antoinette certainly would be very honoured with all the wonderful art you've made of her:-) I just love your collages and I'm glad you've found something you enjoy so much!! xox

Fete et Fleur said...

I can't wait to see your theater! Everything is beautiful!! BTW...I would love a shopping trip to France.

Hugs! Nancy

Fete et Fleur said...

I came back to tell you your banner is so adorable!!! I LOVE IT!!

Nancy

Shop girl said...

I really like your bulletin board, food for thought! I might just have to make one.
Your pictures are beautiful.
I pray your Mom is getting better.
Hugs, Mary

Rella said...

Ohhhhhh Myyyyyyy, all of this Marie art is so glorious!! You have inspired me dear heart, to make my own Marie Box......thank you for such loveliness to gaze upon....sigh, if I only had Photoshop....well, it's on my list. I am believing, therefore I will see it.

Thank you for you visits and comments on Faerieluna. It's wonderful to 'see' you there.

xo Rella

Loving Her Beautiful said...

Hi, Betzie,
Thanks for you comments on the post about my dad. I'm certainly trying to pass on his legacy.
Love the Marie stuff! My wife has taught me well, and your display is lovely!
Blessings,
BILL

Sherry said...

Gorgeous Betzie!! I have all my ideas in my head and need to get busy with my theatre. I'm planning to go to France in May!!! Maybe I'll find a few leftovers at Versailles!!! :)

Followers