Saturday, March 01, 2008

Somerset Digital Studio*Premier Issue*It's a winner! :)

I had such a nice surprise today. I got an email from a very kind person that told me she had seen my altered photos in the new Somerset Digital Studio issue. Just a short note, but it made my day and I naturally ran right up to B & N to find the magazine.

I walked in, trying not to run, and went right to my favorite spot, the craft magazines! My eyes searched hoping it would be there and sure enough, THERE IT WAS!!!!



I grabbed it and sat down before even getting my usual Caramel Light Frappacino!

I decided to start at the back, because I figured the photos would be small and in the gallery section. Well, imagine my surprise when I saw this instead:



I honestly had to look twice and my heart pounded and I just had to let out a big fat LAUGH!!!!!! Fat laugh??? Well, yes, it was probably heard all over the store. One man sitting close to me looked up from his newspaper to see what all the commotion was about, hoping someone would please escort the mentally disturbed person OUT immediately! Well, actually, none of that is true...I just sat there staring and thinking,"This just can not be." I quietly closed the magazine, got up and walked around with it clutching it close to my heart, just waiting for someone to steal it from me! Silly me....but you know...I'd told my husband and sons about it this morning, and they just kind of acted like "Oh, she got that funny looking art published in a magazine, what's the big deal??" Then my husband started his usual teasing...about how he was now married to a famous artist!

Anyway, it sure did make my day and I had to share on here. I have yet to read the rest of the magazine, but it looks like a GOODIE!




This is one by one of my very favorite artists, Michelle Ward...can't wait to read it!

Another article about digital enhancement by Gail Blair. I don't know about you, but I just love playing on the computer with my photos, and I'm sure I'll find some great tips in this one!



One for scrapbookers:


My favorite, digital collaging!


And just ONE more look at this one...bear with me! I used the old album belonging to my grandmother to hold the page open. Isn't it pretty? I treasure it and all it's contents.



BETZIE SMITH??? Who is that person?? My grandmother is laughing hysterically at seeing herself published and I'm laughing right along with her...oh, if she were only alive right now so I could run over and show her in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Louisa, you are my muse and my dear dear grandmother whom I will love forever and ever!!! Keep inspiring me MOM!

16 comments:

Bethel of Bethania said...

Congratulations Betzie - it is such a thrill to be published ... I've been published a couple of times in little publications here in Oz and I know what a thrill that has been but you have been published in a Somerset Studio edition + it's an article not just a 'little photo' - the supremo of mags to be in, eh... ride that special cloud '9' all you can, you deserve it ... OOroo ... Bethel

BailiwickStudio said...

Oh how exciting that first glimpse must have been! Congratulations! I'll have to get over to B&N myself to see the magazine. ::Jill

Anonymous said...

Oh that is beautiful and great Betzie....I have just sent away for a couple of mags from Stamptington and I would have bought it!!!! I will have to wait now...postage is $11.50 here!!!! xxxRobby

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Betzie I am so excited for you!
Congradulations.... How fun to be recognized!
I bet you feel like a queen..... Enjoy!
You deserve it!

Hugz, Dolly

Janet said...

I'm jumping up and down, clapping my hands, and yelling!! Wow!! That's terrific! I'm so happy for you. Now I must see if my B&N has this magazine.

Unknown said...

Oh how exciting for you!
And here is a big fat CONGRATULATIONS (although my baby is sleeping, so your congratulations from me might not be as loudly fat as yours was when you discovered your feature)!!!!

Hurray for you!

Marisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting on my blog Betzie....I am sure we both have interesting families...I would love to be as interesting as you too!!!!! xxxRobby

Sherry said...

Oh what a thrill this is Betzie!! Imagine, it's enough to be "included" in the publication and then thinking it will just be something "small" to seeing 2 full pages!! Must go find this so I can see it myself!! Well done you!!!

Sara~Graphic Pretties said...

Betzie!! That's a big deal! Congrats to you!! :) I will have to check it out when I go to B&N this weekend :)

Sandra Evertson said...

This is such a special post!
Congrats to you!
It really IS a feeling like no other and all the more special to find out the photo is your Grandmother! I Love it!
Sandra Evertson

Werna Gail said...

So glad I came by to see what you are up to...WOW! what a wonderful thing, being published, and two whole pages....must try and get the magazine, have your feet touched ground yet??? tee hee. You are truly BLESSED :-)

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on being published! You must be thrilled.
:) That is so exciting!
*HUGS*
Angela

Fete et Fleur said...

Congratulations Betzie! I am so happy for you.

I wanted to thank you for your comment left on my Freedom post. It means the world to me to know that you took the time to leave such kind words of encouragement.

Blessings! Nancy

Shop girl said...

Betzie, I am so behind...this is fabulous, you are published...I am smiling and feeling so proud that I know you...I have to get to B&N, I gotta have it!
Congratulations, this is very special. Your Mary

Debbi Baker said...

Hello!! I have just "discovered" your blog (can't remember exactly how - I followed a link or three) and wow!! what a fabulous surprise for you! Congratulations, I can feel your joy and look forward to seeing the magazine and your ARTICLE!!

Rella said...

Yipppeeeee.........I will go right out and get this!!!!! It will, of course, cause a little pang since I do not have PS yet LOLOL but I am so delighted you are in there....and Gale from Paper Whimsy. I have been part of Gale's PW group since it first began on Yahoo ages ago and now that she has her own forum. Kudos to you and your beautiful post that so sweetly describes your feeling in seeing your work published. I could feel it with you as I read. Just lovely.
xo Rella

Followers