After such a happy post below, I'm in a rather melancholy mood tonight. My mom is in the hospital. She's 89...has a very low blood count and had been given three pints of blood so far to see if that helps. She told all the doctors, no tests, other than blood tests and simple ones...nothing intrusive or stressful. She said she has no desire to know if she has cancer and if she does, she doesn't want to go thru any treatments either. I can't blame her and one doctor today shook her hand and said he totally understood.
It's just sad to see your mom, your best friend, your biggest supporter, your rock and anchor grow so frail, weak, and needy. I have prayed for her for as long as I can remember. I used to hear her get sick once in a while as a little girl, and I'd pray so hard to God begging him to make her well. I have always feared her passing more than anything else in my life...that has been the one fear that I could not imagine coping with... Now she is the child and I have to be the strong, patient, giving one. I have to put my fears aside and show her a brave face. I have to smile and not cry in front of her like she once did for me.
I will keep praying for her and I will hold onto the faith that she instilled in me, but I will still be that same little girl at heart, hoping beyond hope that she will live forever.
7 comments:
Betzie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep her in my thoughts and hope that she gets better soon. I lost my mother many years ago and still miss her. I think our mothers are so much a part of us that it's like losing a piece of ourselves. I hope you have many years with your mom.
My heart goes out to you. My mom is 81, and in fairly good health now, but about 15 years ago she got breast cancer and it was such a frightening time for me! She beat it though. I will join you in prayer that your mom will beat this setback, too. ::Jill
Sweet Betzie! My heart is with you. Your mother is so right in her wishes. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Blessings and Hugs!
Nancy
You have been so blessed to have your mother as long as you have, and I admire her for her strong convictions.I will lift you both up in prayer. I was an only child and my mother left this earth 23 years ago, she was only 62, so you are so BLESSED :-)
Oh Betzie, I'm so very sorry to hear that your mom is in the hospital and not doing well. I think at 89 I would have made the same decision as she to not want to know what was wrong with me and not want any treatments. My heart truly goes out to you...it is indeed one of my biggest fears to lose my own mom. After having lost my dad when he was only 48, I tend to hang on to mom even more. Prayers are with you and your mom!! xoxo
My Mother passed 5 years ago and I didn't think the sun would shine again. I understand how you are feeling. And the strange thing that happens when you are no longer the child. Arney's Mother is also 89 and she is not doing well. We live in Idaho and she is in Southern California so it is hard to be this far from her. I have a feeling we will be doing alot of flying over the next few years. I wish there were words that could give you real comfort, I just hope that knowing we care gives you some help, God is with you...Mary
Take Joy in the time you have, your Mother your friend needs you smile.
Oh, Pet, this just breaks my heart to read. I admire her stand with the doctors as it is my own feeling, really. And I work for a world renowned Oncologist!!! But your life long fear of losing your beloved Mother. sigh. I know. How I wish I could sit and have coffee or tea with you and share all of this. I wish for you both beautiful days together...living in the moment without fear of what may be. Just here and now.
xoxo Rella
Post a Comment