I love old, rusty things...for the Three Muses challenge this week,
I decided to make a card. I used a Webster page, a precious bee stamp,
a large bee charm(off etsy), old crocheted(I think that's crocheting?)
medallions with copper centers, and a rusty tin I got from Paper Whimsy...plus the bronze card underneath. Oh, the top border was
punched with a floral punch.
You can see the chair needs a new paint job!
It does go well with the theme though...
The only thing I still want to do is punch the tag, and add
some copper fiber to it. Then I'll glue it all down and it will
be done.
You know, I hadn't planned on making anything today, but I somehow
found myself on the floor in my craft room and this just came together.
I love when things happen like that...when you just start
cutting and pasting and it's like you work in a trance and suddenly
you are done.
Here is my little "rusty" girl "Emma"...
I can't wait to see all the other rusty creations!
Thanks Three Muses!
24 comments:
Great piece and great chair!!
Fabulous card- I love the bee charm and what a beautiful use of elements. this is a real keepsake - you shoud frame it. Also your dog is precious- what a beauty!
Beautiful assemblage, Betzie, adorable dog especially the long silky ears!
What a joy to stroll through your blog! I love the pictures and your sweet doggie is sooo cute! Your assemblage is so lovely as well.
I am happily following you now and will come visit you again soon.
Have Blessed Day!!
Susan
Art of Mine
Gorgeous card!
What a wonderful art piece, Betzie...gorgeous!!
What a unique and interesting card. It's a lovely contrast of white and rust. (The chair and the dog are lovely too!) Thanks for joining us this week!
Hi Betzie,
I love days like this. Your creation is awesome. You once again create something amazing! I love rusty things too. Sweet Emma is a darling. She is the pretties color of rust.
Give her a hug and kiss from me and Miss B.
XO Celestina Marie
Love your card and your post was fun, especially your pretty Emma!
Dogs, rust...I am a follower now!
Beautifully designed card. And I love Emma too.xx
What a amazing antique flower garden creation. Really fantastic!!
This is a great card. Love the colors and the beautiful rusty tin!
All three are beautiful, but I love Emma the best!
I love this, Betzie!! I love rust too. I went to a garage sale last week, and this very old couple was having a sale, and he just had 20 cent bags of old rusty screws, etc. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them--I'm glad I have them though.
What a joy this card is... and I don't think that chair needs a paint job at all... love all the different elements that went into this card. full of wonderfulness !!!!
What a beautiful rusty card! I love the bee and image as well as all the other elements you used. And your doggie is a cutie!
I'm glad you did get to create this - it's superb!
Hello Betzie,
I think it is kind of exciting and fun to just do what it feels like at first and not really knowing how it'll work out. Not everybody can do that - just goes to show lots of creativity flowing inside you :-)
The little girl with her net looks adorable. I sure hope it's not bees she's planning on catching though. Can't imagine the pain when stung LOL
The chair caught my eye too. How intricate is that design. I wonder what's on your mind and how you'll "makeover" it :-)
Mizpah,
Li
(I also enjoyed reading you parents anniversary post. YOu mom sure have kept all those cards through the years. It's precious!)
Hello Betzie~You were definitely in the creative zone with this *Bees Knees* of a design. The chair was a wonderful compliment to your art... adorable Miss Emma as well. :)
Sweet wishes,
Sara
P.S. Congratulations to your sweet parents. What a joy to be able to celebrate their anniversary.
Those cards are precious along with the memories they're sure to hold.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Great card and a fantastic chair!
After being blown away by all your rusty pieces, all absolutely gorgeous, I am now smiling after arriving at your "rusty" little dog. What a wonderful touch. I can see you love rust. It shows in such a beautiful way.
Thanks for sharing your pieces with us Betzie.
Lovely card. Your dog is adorable.
Blessings~
Gwen
Love the card and I too love Rusty things, we had a Rusty dog for many years....Stay cool, Hugs, mary
Post a Comment