A sweet pretty in pink ornament to share...
Buy a wooden bird from Michael's Craft store.
Print a photo of an old relative as a child. I used one of my mom at three years old all bundled up in her coat and hat.
Here's another one I colored for you if you want to copy it.Paint your bird. I chose PINK of course.
Cut out a paper wing.
Use an ice pick or drill to make a tiny hole at the bottom of your bird.
Add an old hanging crystal.
Embellish with glitter, wings, words.
Put on a hanger and use as an ornament.
One more idea I found in a December Somerset Issue....
Take some of your favorite Christmas stamps and stamp them at random all over some plain
cardstock or decorative holiday cardstock.
I used different Christmas colored inks as well, and embossed a bit here and there with gold.
Then copy these backdrops on your scanner. You can then use them
to make cards or in your digital designs.
12 comments:
Great ideas Betzie, I love the ornament. Would your mom ever have guessed that she would fly on a bird's back in a Christmas tree on a pink Saturday?
Happy Pink Saturday!
What wonderful ideas…
I love the ornament , thank you for sharing the how to with us…
Your mom was a cutie…
Louise
Thanks for sharing these wonderful ideas with us. I love the pinks you chose to share with us today. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Hi Betzie, I love the bird ornament idea - thank you so much for the great suggestion! Happy Pink Saturday!
This ornament is the best. I loved that you shared how it was made.
It is really adorable.
Happy everyday, Mary
Beautiful thank you for tutorial birdie is gorgeous!..still making my Happy Pink Saturday rounds!
Oh Betzie, such wonderful ideas and great instructions too. Thanks so much for all the information. I love what you did with the photo of your mom. Priceless, Happy Pink Saturday, Char
You always have such great ideas! I know I'm really late but I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Thank you so much for the tutorial. I love that ornament! Blessings!
Gwen
Hi Betzie,
Wow! I love the projects you have posted here! How generous of you to share the vintage image of your mom. How sweet she looks in your bird ornament too.
Thank you so much for your visit the other day. Here's hoping your Pink Saturday was positively perfect in every way.
Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie
Wonderful ornament project. It looks adorable!!
Nancy
On this first Saturday of December ♥Jappy Pink Saturday♥. I was away for a while and sure missed running around the blogs arnd seeing all of the goodies everyone was sharing.
Thanks for the memory...
It was a blessing for you to make my morning so much fun. Hoping that you and those you care about spend a wonderful weekend making memories that will last a lifetime☺
Post a Comment