But what made it all the more special was inside on the first page is a hand drawn illustration done by Sandra...oh to be able to draw like her...
I also had to have one of her little Punchinello Funny Fellows...now that is NOT the proper name for him, but easier for me to spell...so hope that's okay. If you want to see the correct spelling, go look on her Etsy shop and you'll see...
I just love his whimzy and hope to make him into a necklace very soon. Will post it after I do...
I may just paint him PINK and then see what else comes to mind...but the reason I was attracted to him is because a few weeks ago I was in one of my favorite OLD bookstores, and found several magazines called PUNCH....
According to Wikipedia:
Punch was a British weekly magazine of humour and satire published from 1841 to 1992 and from 1996 to 2002. Punch material was also collected in book formats as early as the 1800s, including Pick of the Punch annuals with cartoons and text features, Punch and the War a 1941 collection of WWII-related cartoons, and A Big Bowl of Punch which was republished a number of times. Many Punch cartoonists of the late 20th century published collections of their own work partly based on Punch contributions.
You can read more here.
Honestly, the thing that attracted me to it the most was the art...the cover just grabbed my attention and I had to bring some home. The amazing thing was I also discovered in the same bookstore the ORIGINAL book that the magazines stemmed from! Cover was falling off, but the pages are gilded and the inside is in great shape...and best of all...only $20~where I'll put it, not sure...but something about those OLD BOOKS!
Sandra also included this wonderful card....
and as a bonus sent me a bag FULL OF COLLAGE PAPERS...and not just any collage papers, VINTAGE, OLD COLLAGE PAPERS! Thanks Sandra for all these goodies!!!
Lastly today, a new necklace design I made this week. I call it
TIME TO BEE...
and old chandelier crystals...
A funky, fun necklace!
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and have a lovely
PINK SATURDAY!
Thanks to Beverly of How Sweet the Sound for hosting!
25 comments:
What a delightfully artistic post. I really enjoyed it. Thanks!
Happy Pink Saturday!
I love your necklace. And, yes, old books and magazines beg to come home with me when I find them.
( "Betzie" reminds me "Mad Men" is finished for the season until August of next year. Love that TV Show.)
Betzie, your necklace is delightful... I love all the charms that you've added. The use of typewriter keys is particularly neat!
I can understand you wanting that book, and that is an excellent price whether the cover is loose or not. The illustrations from a book that age would well be worth the price! Love all the magazines, too, and the wonderful pieces you received from your friend. Aren't bloggers the best???
Happy Pink Saturday to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
First of all, your necklace is gorgeous! You are so talented. I had no idea that Sandra Evertson opened an Etsy shop - I am going to visit immediately! Thank you for the birthday wishes and Happy Pink Saturday!
Oh how pretty today Betzie! I love your creations too.must check out your friend's etsy shop.
Happy Pinks..xo Tami
Love your finds and your necklace is beautiful. Have a wonderful day.
Hi Betzie...
Love that spelling...so darn cute!
What a lovely journal, and the illustration is just fabulous. What a treat.
Your jewelry is so pretty and creative. It's SPUNKY... :-) And, made me smile.
Warm blessings,
Spencer
Hi, Betzie,
Oh my goodness, I absolutely love that exquisite necklace you made! I love everything about it! Also, the journal you purchased from you artistic friend was so romantic and sweet! Thank you so much for stopping by Bunny Cottage and Happy Pink Saturday to you! Vicki
What a charming post. I love all the pinks you found to share with us today. Have a great Pink Saturday and enjoy the week ahead.
Hello Betzie and thank you so much for visiting my blog... yours is lovely! Your new treasures are wonderful, I especially love the journal! I must check out her Etsy shop... and the bracelet you created is stunning! I love anything vintage and the old typewriter keys make that so cute! Hope we can visit again soon! Bisous... Julie Marie
Sorry, I meant to say "necklace" but I typed bracelet! It is beautiful!
Betzie,your new neckless is to die for...just gorgeous.
And what a fine,That book is just wonderful.
I also bought a journal from Sandra, Its just gorgeous too.I gave it to my daughter Alexia for an eary Xmas present.Sandra is a great artist just like you are.Everybody has there nich.Isn't that grand.
Well Dear you have a blessed Thanksgiving.Don't eat to much...LOL..XXOO Marie Antionette
What beautiful artwork and your necklace is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing such creative pretties. Happy Pink Saturday!
Betzie ~ Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments, tis the season!
I love your necklace you created with vintage crystal, it's gorgeous!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Wish you were closer to Virginia Beach!
Mimi
What a great pink post !!
Happy Pink Saturday
Love from the Netherlands RINI
I really like the necklace and love old books too, I will have to check out her shop, Happy Pink Saturday to you and I am so happy your found something you really wanted, Char
Sweet Betzie you totally scored.
I love your bee necklace, so fantastic.
Love Renee xoxo
Ah Sandra is the best! But your necklace is great too. Have you visited Rochambeau yet? You should, the address is in my sidebar!
I love that journal; it is a true work of art…
I also like all of your new treasures. Punch is a
captivating character. I have always wanted to do
a miniature Punch and Judy theater. I saw one on eBay
a few years back and I have never been able to get it out of my mind.
Wonderful new jewelry, very pretty.
Have a good evening,
Louise
What a wonderful post! Love what you bought from Sandra! So nice!!
Thank you for dropping by. Isn't LiLi the best?
Constance
I love Sandra's work! Her journal is beautiful!!
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!
Nancy
Betzie~ I've learned something new (which says a lot for this old dog) today...the meaning of "punch."
I can't wait to see what you create with that lil' guy.
I was thinking about you the other day, still wishing for your help. I've been asked to make some Twilight/New Moon necklaces. I forgot how many components it takes to put a jewelry piece together. It sure adds up quickly. To top it off I'm not really familiar with any of the twilight characters (I know hard to believe), so I had to do some fast research. It'll should prove to be an interesting outcome. I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out.
Sweet Holiday Wishes,
Sara
P.S. would you believe I can't find a MOON charm in the whole city of Vancouver!! Shocking I know. a New Moon necklace without a moon charm...tragic!
I almost forgot...I went on a hunt for Crows and couldn't find them at Safeway's where we were grocery shopping, but I will prevail!!!
Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about them ( the pause in menopause).
Sweet Wishes,
Sara
You made a treasure, the neckles is
lovely. I love the art of Sandra, I look at what she does and only dream of making such art.
Happy Thanksgiving Dear Friend, Mary
Hi Betzie,
Love the creations from Sandra. The journal is wonderful and the other treasures perfect for you.
I adore your newest necklace creation too. Interesting stuff on PUNCH.
Best wishes for a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving.
Love your blog look and header.
Love to you dear friend,
Celestina Marie
Post a Comment