This is my little "Hoochie Koochie" girl!I love making jewelry. It's funny because I've never been into jewelry that much. I've always liked it, but just have never craved diamonds and emeralds and expensive gems. My mom loves all of those, and every Christmas my dad would give her something new...It was always a surprise and we all couldn't wait to see what he picked out next. Even last year on her 90th birthday, he bought her a beautiful ring. Such exquisite taste my dad has...but I didn't inherit that love or need for gems. I'd rather make something to wear or buy an artsy type piece of jewelry...I tell my husband he is one lucky man. LOL
In Williamsburg for our 25th anniversary last spring he bought me a sterling silver bracelet with entwined vines and turtle doves, and sterling silver earrings with the initial "B" carved in them...simple, but so pretty. I just LOVE them.
How about you, what type of jewelry is your favorite?
Thanks to Beverly of How Sweet the Sound for hosting today as always...
25 comments:
Oh, look at your KCS! She is the the cutest pink thing on the pink parade! My BFF has one, and they are the sweetest and cutest dogs on earth. Love yours!
And your jewelry is neat. So neat, too, that you made it.
Happy PS to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Betzie the bracelet is gorgeous and the new ribbon neckless is beautiful.
I love that your husband put in turtle doves in the bracelet he bought for your anniversary, that must have meant so much.
Your dad sounds sweet.
Love Renee xoxo
Oh my gosh, your jewelry is fantastic. I love that bracelet. But what I love most is your puppy!! She is so sweet!!
Have a wonderful pink weekend!
This is really a great pink post !
Love from the Netherlands Rini
What a cute puppy, love the look of your blog too, have a great day..
Love your little Hoochi Koochie girl. What a darling little face!
Your jewelry is beautiful! I am just learning and still can not make the perfect loop...it will come! I hope!
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!
Jil
I love YOUR jewelry! I never did have a craving for jewelry, I was always a property kind of person. But, if I were to get jewelry, I would choose styles like yours. Happy Pink Saturday!
I love all the pinks you've chosen to share with us today. You're jewelry is beautiful. I hope you are having a great Pink Saturday.
Beautiful jewelry creations, Betzie! You are so talented. I love your sweet puppy.
I love diamonds and went through a phase where I thought that was the only thing I wanted. But now I love handmade jewelry - there is so much of it made by our fellow bloggers and in Etsy shops. I also love vintage costume jewelry.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Happy Pink Saturday!
The cutest!
~ Gabriela ~
Oh your pup is toooooo cute! Love the ribbon necklace, what a great idea! Thanks for stopping by today and pssst....crown candle holders at WISTERIA.
Betzie I hope that cheers was with our sundae glasses.
xoxox
Wow, what lovely things . . . and so different! And that doggie!! She's precious!
ooo so pretty..
Happy Pink Saturday
Hello Betzie; What a adorable photo of that sweet puppy,, such a sweet face.... And you bracelet I am in love with,, you have a wonderful talent.. the ribbon jewelry is so beautiful too.. my Mom love jewelry too, we used to call her Mrs T... lol
thank you for your comment,,, have a great weekend
Hugs;
Alaura
I'm in love with "Hoochie Koochie" girl! She is beyond adorable!!
Hugs!
Nancy
Hi Betzie, Oh I love your sweet Hoochie Koochie girl. What a doll. The bracelet is amazing. I love it. And the necklace you made for the bracelet is wonderful. Everything you touch is fantastic. Your talents are so inspiring. I would take one of each of your new designs. LOL!! You might think of adding those to your shoppe. hint,hint!! I love bling and any jewels for that matter. Your Dad is wonderful to gift your mom with a pretty every year. My guy likes to gift me jewelry too. I guess he figures he can't go wrong. I love all sorts too. From bling to simply. Your 25th anniversary gift sounds beautiful. I love silver!!
Great music for this post too. You had me dancing around to it. Love your header too. Well, just everything you do from your blog to creations are fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments. See you again soon.
Hugs to you sweet friend, Celestina Marie
p.s. I am super busy at the moment, but will get by to visit as fast as I can.
Love the Cavalier pic! They are such little ladies!! Hope you are having a great weekend
The pink bracelet is so pretty, the guilloche charm is lovely and adds the perfect touch
and I love that puppy.
I mostly wear vintage jewelry.
For our 25th anniversary (which was more then ten years ago, where does time go) my hubby bought me a vintage sterling heart charm bracelet.
It has a few guilloche hearts on it, I wanted to add more guilloche hearts to it and have them engraved with grandchildren birthdates and names.
However, they go for so much on eBay and I have not found them anywhere else…maybe someday.
Louise
Oh my goodness Betzie, what talent you have. Your jewelery is gorgeous..
I love the first little bracelet. Happy belated Pink Saturday and have a lovely week.
Oh Betzie, you got me with the puppy!!! Very cute, Happy Pink Saturday, Char
Love your jewelry and reading your blog. I'm the same. I NEVER wore much jewelry and now I'm addicted to buying beads and making jewelry!
I wandered over to your blog. Found you on the 2009 One World One Heart Giveaway site. After watching the movie Julie and Julia recently, I've decided to try and go through the ENTIRE OWOH list, from beginning to end, in 90 days and connect/reconnect with all the artists and blogs that truly inspire me! Your blog is amazing and really resonated with me!
A bit about me. I'm a mystery writer, jewelry artist, and college professor. Yes, and a Gemini, if you couldn't tell! Here is my blog, where I blend my mystery writing and jewelry craft:
www.thehousemysteries.type pad.com
My first mystery Keeping House: A Madame President mystery just came out on Amazon.
Take care and as Julia Child might say, "Bon Blogging!"
Denise
Yes, she is very pretty in Pink!
You have been a busy girl. I hope your fall is filled with pink dreams...pink pumpkins? Why not.
Hugs, Mary
Dangly and cute!! My favorite piece like this?? The fabulous one I won from you! I cherish it and receive tons of compliments when I wear it!!! Cute new additions! Lori
Your little "Hoochie Koochie" girl is sooooo cute! You sure do have some cute little dogs.
Love the jewelry, too.
Post a Comment