
Happy Fourth of July! I'm busy today making my family's old crab soup recipe...I hope it turns out, it's my first try. It wouldn't be the same without it. My dad and my aunt took over when my mom got too tired to make it, but now they aren't up to it any more either. So it's my turn.
When I was little, my grandfather made it for all my relatives and we had a huge celebration at our home. I had so much fun with all my cousins and we'd go to a parade in town, come home eat soup and have a cookout, and then go to the fireworks. Some years we were in the parade...great memories.
Enjoy the holiday making your own memories!!!
9 comments:
Hi Betzie! I hope you have a fabulous 4th of July with your family! Your doggy looks so cute.
Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today and enjoy your soup!
Happy independence day to you Betzie! I hope you add a couple of lovely memories to the great ones you already have!
Hi Betzie, I just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy 4th of July. The soup sounds so good. I know it will turn out perfect.
You have wonderful memories of your childhood. Thank you for sharing a bit more of you.
I am always uplifted when I visit you dear friend.
Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie
It's always nice to have your very own comfort food :-) Well, I guess the torch has been passed on to you. An honor it will be for it this soup has been through many years and with it are wonderful memories :-)
Crab soup....that sounds delicious! I hope it turned out as good as your grandfather used to make.
Hello Betzie,that crab soup sounds wonderful,being from Louisiana,I can appreciate dishes like that and I also know it takes alot of time preparing them.XXOO Marie Antionette
Hi Betzie
Just stopping by with a friendly hello and hope your enjoying summer! Till we write again,Lori
I hope your 4th was wonderful..
I enjoyed reading about your childhood happy days....
Louise
Hi Betzie,
Thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck to you!
May I ask you a favor, dear bloggy friend? Please don't call me TC. Everyone wants to call me that and I don't like it...it's icky. Thanks. I really am trying to put a stop to that habit of people calling me that. Can you help me out? Thanks!
BIG (((HUGS)))!!!
Post a Comment