Friday, July 10, 2009

PINK cheeks


Something about these old doll faces draws me in...
The eyes, the pristine look, the flawless bisque, the history, and yes, the PINK CHEEKS!




Aren't the old chinaheads amazing...this one is from the Civil War era...still holding up...with a gaze that intrigues and a countenance that is so serene...







I think the cheeks on this doll are just gorgeous...




The little all bisque dolls are so cute and fun to put here and there. I have them all around, in my china cabinet, in teacups, in flower arrangements...they just add a touch of whimsy and fun. Not that expensive and you can find them more easily..I like some of them left naked like this little pixie.




What is it about the heads that just captivate my attention? Look at the detail on these handpainted eyelashes...Doesn't her bisque radiate pinkness?!



A sweet little bonnethead from Germany...



A halfdoll I made into Marie...with a pink plumed hat....


And pink crepe paper for her dress.


A digital collage I made with a French doll's face...



Have a happy Pink Saturday and thanks to Beverly for hosting at
How Sweet The Sound...


Do you like my ruby cheeks???

14 comments:

LiLi M. said...

I love these pink ladies (hope the last one is a lady too!). I inherited some bisque ladies from my mother. She tried to clean one too well; she removed the pink blush :-(. Now this doll reminds me: Don't clean up too often and too thoroughly LiLi, or you will regret it! Happy pink day!

LW said...

What a beautiful collection of dolls…
I too adore the tiny ones…
and your FF is just beautiful.
When I was about 13, I saw a vignette of china dolls in a museum.
It was at that point I knew I was going to be a doll collector and that dolls were going to
be part of my life forever.

Happy Pink day,

Louise

PS… The ruby pup is just too cute…

Anonymous said...

Their pink cheeks are something. And your collection of dolls are just lovely. Except for the little one with blue cap . . . cause he's cute! :-) Just like the puppy at the end.

It's my first to hear about bisque dolls. Something new to learn for me :-)

Happy Pink Saturday!

Nancy said...

That is a marvelous collection. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!

♥Mimi♥ said...

Your blog is always so sweet and pink on Saturday! Thanks so much for sharing this week.

Yes, little darling, I ♥ your ruby red cheeks. In fact, I wish I could plant a kiss on them!

Hope the sun is shining in your corner of the world and that your weekend is filled with happiness surrounded by everyone you l♥ve.

Claudia said...

The dolls heads are beautiful, Betzie. I think there is something about the delicate work, the pink cheeks, and the fact that they were made for little girls to love - it is all very touching. Happy Pink Saturday!

Char said...

Awwww, I have to say I love the last picture best!!! The doll faces are so beautiful. I don't know if you can still find that quality of work anymore. It sure beats plastic and made in china doesn't it!!?? Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Suzie Button said...

Your pink doll cheeks are wonderful! I love your puppy too! I own two english springer spaniels and can't get enough of them! All spaniel breeds are just wonderful! Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Some great views of dolls! Imagine having the talent to paint some of those... WOW!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous pink Saturday post! I love the pink cheeks. Old china dolls are fascinating.

Shopgirl said...

I just love those Ruby cheeks and all your wonderful, beautiful dolls. Your collection is delightful. Happy Summer, Mary

Unknown said...

Hi there, Betzie! Where have you been this week!? You've been missed. I hope you are feeling okay!

I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Betzie,
What a wonderful collection of dolls. I love the pink cheeks too. The eyes are incredible and we can learn so much from the art work to design these. I can see why you are in love with them. I also love how you describe how you display them too. I will certainly keep this in mind when I am out antiquing. I could see a few here and there in my home.

I love your creation with MA and also your digital creations. Your talents never end.

Hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer. I am so busy getting ready to open my new web shoppe. Lots to do.
Have a great week sweetie.
hugs, Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Betzie! So many pretty dolls! What a fabulous collection you have!

Thanks for sharing your pretty pink ladies! Have a lovely week!

Tina

Followers