
My 19 year old son was kind enough to renew my Somerset Magazine subscription this year. I just got my first one the other day and was delighted to find they'd included one of my paper dolls from last spring.

Not the best photo here ...I called her "Fleurish"...fun to make and one of those creations that came out of nowhere and that I had made in a very short time. I love when things happen like that...almost as though they get made by themselves and not by me!
A few pages later I spied another one of my dolls, but was a little sad to see they'd credited her to someone else.

Kind of bugged me at first, and a few people like my mom and a friend told me to let the editor know...but really, is it all that important? I don't know. I was very careful in labeling my entries, but mistakes happen...just the way it goes. I'm not even sure who I'd write to...so I may just let it go.
I've been making some new cards and soap lately. Soap is so relaxing to do. Have more crowns, shoes, and fleur de lys's made, so if anyone is interested, just let me know.
Here's a few pics of those...nothing earth shaking, just fun and quick.

This a collage I did digitally and then made into a card.

This is from a photo of one of my dogs in an old antique wagon.

I'm adding a "Princess" crown pewter charm for the dog's crown, to be sold on ebay.

I call this fragrance "Pink Candy"...it is so sweet and almost makes you want to eat it!!!

Cinderella's shoe or Marie's shoe??? Not sure, but it smells like fresh blueberries...or some sort of berry!

This color was supposed to be "robin egg's blue"...I don't think so! To me it is definitely a grey/blue, not a robin egg's color, not sure they ever saw the real thing. LOL Anyway, it's definitely a wedgewood blue, but still kind of pretty.
Made lots of others, but too lazy to take more pics!
Enjoy the weekend!!
Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
Buddha
11 comments:
It must be sooo cool to be in that magazine!! Alas it's almost too difficult to get it here, Stampington is charging sky high shipping charges.
I love your dolls and I don't want to throw oil upon the fire, as we say, but I think it would be only right if the real maker was credited. So don't be shy or reluctant.
Have a great weekend!
I would definitely let them know they credited the wrong person.
I would write it to the editor or if you have a phone number or even an email address. That way in the next issue they can say, oh we correct blah blah and they will or should reshow it.
xoxoxo
When my drawing appeared in Artful Blogging they had a mix-up with my name, too, so I know how you feel.
I love all your creations. You've really been busy!
How wonderful and congratulations. I really do think you should contact the editor. This sort of thing does happen, but they will print a retraction in the next magazine and correct the ownership of the artwork I'm sure.
Hugs!
Nancy
What a bummer to have your work credited to someone else. That would totally tick me off! LOL! Flattering and frustrating all at the same time. Your soaps look delish! :)
Betzie, I can't begin to say how much it felt like christmas to recieve your package! Everything is outstanding! The smells, and papers and crafting pieces are extraordinary! And as if you weren't so wonderful enough I about flipped when I sen the earrings! They are 100% me! I am so happy you won two cause after all you sent me I feel you deserve some goodies too!I kept oohhing and ahhing!! Thank you, thank you! I love everything and hopefully will post them on Monday! Ugh I love the soaps but don't want to use them!! But I noticed you sell some hum... Sending hugs :) Lori
Hi Betzie, WOW I love your soaps. They look wonderful. The shoe steals my heart!!
Congrats on being in the mag again. With your talent I can see why. So sorry they mixed you up with someone else on the credits. It may be worth mentioning so they can do a retraction in the next issue. You are so talented. I love this magazine and look forward to getting the new one. I wish you could sign mine!!
Big hugs my friend. Have a great day.
Celestina Marie
You little smarty, this is wonderful, your in the magazine for pitty sake...Congrats! I think it is worth a try to let them know they did something wrong. After all this is your art...it is only fair that they do something. These Magazines are not cheap, they make alot of money...they could at least get the names right.
Your friend, Mary
I dearly love the Somerset magazine. I have quite a few of them, but I still to this day, haven't tried anything.... judy
Betzie, I think my book will be with the letters of my families names...I think it will work and could be a gift for a Birthday or just because.
This is going to be fun.
Thank you, Hugs, Mary
Hi ~ I just found your blog thru my friend Celeste's. You make the most beautiful soaps! I went to your etsy but didn't find any. Do you have a website?
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
Post a Comment